PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo and Seagate goflex home

jharris3313
08-21-2012, 05:52 AM
I just started using mezzmo and love all the features it has, works great on my network. However I just upgraded to a seagate goflex home which is a network storage device instead of streaming off an external hard drive. The files loaded into mezzmo just fine, but that's where it stops. I have folders set up for movies and tv shows, and sub folders in these for series and season. When i first started using mezzmo, all i had to do was load the folder into mezzmo and everything worked great, but now when i try to access these folders, my device says they are empty, even though they are not. the only way i can access my videos is if i go to the all videos tab, and then everything is jumbled in together. Can anyone advise on what I may be doing wrong?

Paul
08-21-2012, 10:08 AM
Hi jharris3313,

This is a common problem when streaming files from NAS drives & is typically related to access permissions. First, make sure your NAS drive is not in sleeping mode. Next, make sure that Mezzmo and Mezzmo media server has full read access to the NAS drive. You may need to set up a guest account or user account names on your NAS drive with the same names as that you are using Mezzmo on your Windows computer. Let us know how you go.

jharris3313
08-22-2012, 11:23 PM
Thanks for all the help, I changed the user and password to match my windows log in and its working great now

Paul
08-23-2012, 11:59 AM
Great you are up and running now. Thanks for posting back.

jharris3313
08-25-2012, 10:02 AM
well it was working, and it still works on my iphone and ipad, but now when i try to access the folder it says the request cannot be completed and brings me back to the home screen for my samsung blu ray player. But if i go to the all videos folder everything shows up.

Paul
08-27-2012, 09:55 AM
A few things to try:

Check the device profile that is being used for your Samsung Blu-ray player in the Media Devices dialog in Mezzmo. Make sure it is using one of the 'Samsung BDP' device profiles.
If the folder is from a NAS drive, then make sure your NAS drive is not in sleeping mode and make sure that Mezzmo and Mezzmo media server has full read access to the NAS drive. You may need to set up a guest account or user account names on your NAS drive with the same names as that you are using Mezzmo on your Windows computer.

If no success, then please turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Connect to Mezzmo server using your Samsung Blu-ray player and then browse to the folder as before. When it fails to show any files as you mention, then stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip all the logs and send them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

jharris3313
08-29-2012, 02:36 AM
I will send you that here in the next few days. Its very strange because if i manually create playlists, everything works just fine. But if I import a folder and try to play anything from that folder the blu ray player returns an error. it's not that big of a deal since it works if i use playlists, but i'll send it over to you guys any way, i like the folder set up better than having to manually create and add files to playlists.

Paul
08-29-2012, 01:16 PM
Mezzmo should list the files and stream the files whether your files are in playlists or folders, so please send us the logs when you have time and we'll look into what is happening for you.