PDA

View Full Version : bravia KDL-52W5100

xtremebrdr
12-21-2009, 04:44 AM
Recently downloaded the mezzmo v2.1 in hopes it would fully work with my bravia. however still having issues. My main purpose and use of mezzmo is to stream my movies to my tv. however mezzmo only shows up under music & photos and not under video in the tv menu. I have no music & photos setup in mezzmo to share only movies.

its a bravia KDL-52W5100 I have the profile for the tv setup as bravia KDL

Paul
12-21-2009, 09:03 AM
Hello,

Can you please generate a log file and send it to support (at) conceiva (dot) com - I can then take a closer look at what's happening and get you up and running.

To turn on logging, please go to Tools -> Options and on the General page place a mark in the "Enable diagnostic logging" box. After that click OK to close the Options dialog and restart your Mezzmo server.

Then turn on your TV and scroll to the video section. This should initiate a conversation with Mezzmo, so at this point please go back to Tools -> Options and turn off logging. At this time, you can click the View Log Files button, which will bring up a folder where logs are located, just zip everything up and send to support.

xtremebrdr
12-22-2009, 03:08 AM
Thanks,

Log Files have been emailed to the location noted.

Paul
12-22-2009, 08:57 AM
Thank you. I will send you a patched version to try via e-mail soon.

xtremebrdr
12-22-2009, 09:57 AM
Tried the patched version. no change. sent log file to that attempt. via email

Paul
12-22-2009, 10:19 AM
Thank you, I'll investigate further and get back to you.

xtremebrdr
12-23-2009, 10:03 AM
ok the latest patch you sent has helped 50%. sent you more details via email. mezzmo shows under video on the bravia now just no files are able to be displayed.

Paul
12-23-2009, 10:07 AM
Good news! I've replied to you via e-mail.

xtremebrdr
12-30-2009, 07:35 AM
hey again. ok so have not had time to steal the tv away from my father who im trying to get this working for correctly. Say in the braviakdl profile i want to change the formatt mezzmo transcodes the audio to. i noticed its ac3 format. say we wanted to goto like some other formatt to test which transcodes audio the best to the tv do we just change the ac3 to another form?

Paul
12-30-2009, 08:48 AM
Short answer is yes, but you need to make sure that bitrates, sample rates, etc... are all valid for the new format.

The "id" tag needs to match the stream name from ffmpeg and the "codec" tag needs to match the encoding codec used by ffmpeg as well (you can use "ffmpeg -codecs" to see a list).

xtremebrdr
12-30-2009, 01:41 PM
ok thats what i thought. im going to play around w/ different audio formats the tv accepts. i sent in a log file plus a clip of the movie i was having issues with what seems to be the volume level constantly rising or lowering. let me know what you guys come up with and if any need anything else

Paul
12-30-2009, 03:43 PM
Thanks for the log - I'll check it out and get back to you via e-mail.