PDA

View Full Version : Scheduling individual folders for pre-transcoding.

Soulscode
08-21-2012, 08:13 AM
I'm wondering if there is a way to have just parts of the library be scheduled for pre-transcoding instead of having to schedule the whole library?

Paul
08-21-2012, 09:57 AM
Hi Soulscode,

In the current version of Mezzmo (v2.6.7.0), you can only schedule maintenance on your whole Mezzmo library. We'll consider allowing you to schedule maintaining specific playlists/folders.

In the Maintain Library dialog, you can choose what types of files to maintain (photos, videos, music) so this may help reduce the amount of time taken to maintain your library.

Also, you can right-click on a playlist/folder in the tree in Mezzmo and click 'Maintain Playlist' to maintain just the files contained in the playlist/folder.

Soulscode
08-23-2012, 10:45 AM
Thank you for your response. Are the maintenance and pre-transcoding schedule settings the same thing?

I can set separate maintenance and pre-transcoding schedules from different windows but only on the whole library, so I thought they were different. I can only do manual maintenance and pre-transcoding on any individual folder or playlist, no schedule for either at that level.

Paul
08-23-2012, 12:03 PM
The Maintain Library dialog and Pre-transcode Files dialog have separate schedules, so you start them at different times.

As mentioned, you cannot schedule maintaining playlists or folders in the current version of Mezzmo (v2.6.7.0) - just the whole library. We'll consider this for a future version of Mezzmo.