PDA

View Full Version : Won't pick up Panasonic et5 tv

Dale
08-22-2012, 05:55 AM
Hi I've been trying to connect my Panasonic viera et5 tv but it will not pick it up in media devices I have tried it both wireless and wired but still no joy , anyone any ideas please ?

Dale
08-22-2012, 06:00 AM
The model number of tv

PANASONIC TX-L55ET5B
55" SMART 3D VIERA LED TV

JohnM
08-22-2012, 07:55 AM
Hi Dale,
It may be a network issue. Check to make sure the TV can use the network properly. Does it connect to network services (facebook/netflix/website)? If it can check to see what its network address is. It should be something like 192.168.1.1
On the PC with mezzmo, open a command window. Start->run->cmd in that window enter the command
ping 192.168.1.1 (if that is the tv address). You should see something like:

Pinging 192.168.0.1 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=64

Ping statistics for 192.168.0.1:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms
That means that the pc can talk to the tv. If it cannot then dlna will not work. If everything looks OK make sure that mezzmo is set to accept requests from new clients.

Paul
08-22-2012, 09:12 AM
Hi Dale,

Something is probably blocking your TV and Mezzmo server from communicating with each other. Typically the cause is your PC's firewall or system protection software or your router's settings. We have an FAQ that helps you the possible reasons - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/1183-FAQ-Cannot-see-Mezzmo-on-your-DLNA-device. Go through the checklist and see how you go. If no success, let us know and we'll help further.

Dale
08-23-2012, 01:10 AM
Hi John thanks for the reply, the tv is pinging fine it does pick up the pc when I go through smart viera the only reason I want to use mezzmo is because windows media won't display the mkv files if I plug an hard drive into the tv it also works fine but I didn't fancy buying another hard drive just to play mkv files . Thanks again, will continue to try :)

Dale
08-23-2012, 01:11 AM
Hi Dale,

Something is probably blocking your TV and Mezzmo server from communicating with each other. Typically the cause is your PC's firewall or system protection software or your router's settings. We have an FAQ that helps you the possible reasons - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/1183-FAQ-Cannot-see-Mezzmo-on-your-DLNA-device. Go through the checklist and see how you go. If no success, let us know and we'll help further.

Thanks Paul, I will have a look through it and let you know the outcome.... thanks again

Dale
08-23-2012, 01:36 AM
Just thinking mezzmo is picking up the Xbox that is on the network so surely if it was being blocked by the router or firewall then wouldn't it effect the Xbox ?

Paul
08-23-2012, 12:11 PM
Hi Dale,

If still no success, then please send us a set of Mezzmo logs and that will tell us how your TV is communicating with Mezzmo. Please turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Switch your TV off and then on. On your TV, use your remote control to list all media servers and, when you do not see Mezzmo listed, then stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and send them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

BeFi
08-26-2012, 01:18 AM
Hi I've been trying to connect my Panasonic viera et5 tv but it will not pick it up in media devices I have tried it both wireless and wired but still no joy , anyone any ideas please ?

Check whether 'Mezzmo MediaServer' is allowed in Windows Firewall. If not just add it.

I had the same situation after dropping 2.6.7. in favor of a fresh install of 2.5.0. the new install did - for whatever reasons - not enter itself into Windows Firewall. After next reboot my TV's weren't picked up anymore.