PDA

View Full Version : Why is my DLNA not working anyomore?? Please help...

Jason
08-24-2012, 10:20 AM
Here is the situation...

I have both mezzmo and another dlna server (as a backup) on my main PC. For years I have been serving 2 TV's and other devices both wireless and LAN line connected... The only issue I ever had was when McAfee updated - I would have to manually go in and allow access so the PC would broadcast. It has worked great this way for the last 2 years... Until 2 days ago. None of my devices see ANY OF THE DLNA servers (not just mezzmo). I am pulling my hair out... I have tried disabling McAfee (which always works) to no avail. I began looking at the router (D-Link 655) but nothing jumped out at me... and I have not changed anything in the last week. I am wondering if the Windows services may be causing an issue? Just a thought...

Basically I have done nothing... I may have taken an MS update and/or a McAfee update but that is about it.

Any thoughts?

J

Paul
08-24-2012, 05:22 PM
Hi Jason,

When your devices no longer list Mezzmo (or other DLNA servers), then something is blocking your TV and Mezzmo from communicating with each other. Typically this is your PC's firewall or system protection software or your router's settings. First thing I would try is to power down your router for a minute or so and then switch it back on. Sometimes routers' firmware can get confused. If that's no help, then we have a checklist that lists the common causes why Mezzmo is not listed on your device - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/1183-FAQ-Cannot-see-Mezzmo-on-your-DLNA-device. Work through each item on this list and let us know if you need further help.