PDA

View Full Version : Pre-transcoded files being removed during maintenance.

Soulscode
08-26-2012, 12:23 AM
I've recently found, for just one folder in my library, that when ever the regular maintenance runs it removes all the pre-transcoded files(or at least the links to them). Normally I run maintenance on the whole library at night, but I have tested this where I will pre-trancode even one file in this folder, verify the transcoded file is there from the properties, then I manually run the maintenance and check the properties again it's gone. I have several other folders with pre-transcoded stuff in it and they are fine, it's just the one folder that I can't keep the transcoded files for.

Any ideas why running maintenance would be removing the transcoded files/links?

Paul
08-27-2012, 10:14 AM
Hi Soulscode,

Maintenance should not be deleting the transcoded files as you say. We'd like to investigate this and fix it. Can you send us the transcoding database and we'll analyze what may be the cause:

Pre-transcode your files in the folder you mention so that the transcoded files are created.
Stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo.
Using Windows Explorer, go to the c:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Conceiva\Mezzmo folder (where <username> is your Windows account name)
In this folder, you will see a 'MezzmoTranscode.db' file. Please zip this file and send it to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com. In your email , please mention the folder in question (i.e. the folder where the transcoded files are removed after maintenance) so we can see it in the transcoding database.
Start Mezzmo and maintain the folder as you mention so that the transcoded files are removed.
Exit Mezzmo and using Windows Explorer go back to the Mezzmo system folder. Zip up the 'MezzmoTranscode.db' file again and send this ZIP file to us also.

Soulscode
08-28-2012, 09:08 AM
I've sent files as requested.

Paul
08-29-2012, 01:30 PM
Thanks, Soulscode. We'll analyze them shortly and get back to you.

TobyDyer
09-23-2012, 03:58 PM
I'm having a very similar problem with 2.6.7.20. I pre-transcode my video files so they can be displayed on my Samsung TV. The files are created and I can watch the videos. However the next day the transcoded files are gone. I also have nightly maintenance scheduled.

Did you find the cause?

Paul
09-24-2012, 08:48 AM
We did find one cause and have fixed it. But this fix is included in your version, so there may be another issue.

One possible reason is that you may have hit your maximum file size limit for your transcoded folder. If this limit is reached, Mezzmo does delete older transcoded files to allow room for new transcoded files. Go to the Transcoding Settings dialog and check the current size of the Transcoding folder. You can increase the maximum total file size of your transcoding folder using the Transcoding Setting dialog.

If that is not the reason, then we would like to see a set of logs. Please pre-transcode a file (that keeps getting deleted the next day). Then turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart Mezzmo. Run maintenance as you normally do, and once complete, exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and then send them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

TobyDyer
09-25-2012, 02:40 AM
It's definitely the maintenance that removes the files. The transcoded folder size limit is 200GB and I've only got 13GB of files after transcoding. I've just tested this again and the files are removed during maintenance. I will send the logs to support.

Paul
09-25-2012, 07:31 AM
Thanks for the further testing. After we get the logs, we'll check out what could be the reason.

Hayden
10-08-2012, 01:40 PM
Hi Paul I am having similar issues with V2.7.1.0 so have sent you all the log and database files you seem to need.
Hope it helps.

Paul
10-08-2012, 01:56 PM
Hi Hayden,

Thanks for the logs. They do show a problem. We'll fix it now and I'll prepare a patch for you to try.

Paul
10-08-2012, 03:08 PM
Hi Hayden,

We think we have fixed the issue. I have just sent details of a patch to try to your email address. Let us know how it goes.

Hayden
10-08-2012, 03:52 PM
Hi Hayden,

We think we have fixed the issue. I have just sent details of a patch to try to your email address. Let us know how it goes.

Hi Paul thanks for the ultra fast response and solution. I have transcoded 10 or so files and then run the maintenance option. All O.K.
I also rebooted P.C. and then deleted an original file and then re-ran maintenance and all other transcodes remained inplace fine. The patch works well.

Regards Hayden

Paul
10-08-2012, 03:56 PM
Thanks for confirming it works fine, Hayden. We'll include the fix in the next Mezzmo release.

If any users have the same problem, contact us and we'll provide the patch whilst you are waiting for the next Mezzmo release.