PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo continues streaming files after watching finished

TobyDyer
09-03-2012, 03:43 PM
I have a new Samsung UE46ES5500 LED TV. I have Mezzmo 2.6.7.0 running on my Windows Home Server. In 'media devices' Mezzmo says the TV is configured with the Samsung E profile.

Most things seem to work ok. Chaptering, FF and RW don't work, however on most video files I can use the search function during playback to move the the playback forward or backwards. So this is perfectly workable and probably better.

The main problem is that in the Mezzmo status window it shows all types of files (e.g. photos and video) continue to stream to the TV even though they are not being watched anymore. The message is:

Mezzmo Server Streaming file: 'xxxxxxx.jpg' to device: TV [UE46ES5500] (<IP address>)

As I type now there are many, many files listed however I can't scroll to see them all as the window refreshes before I can click down the list. If during playback the users clicks 'stop' on the TV remote it's fine and the streaming of that file stops, however if the TV requests the next file in any other way (e.g. as part of a photo slideshow), or the user clicks the backup or any other button on the remote, then the streaming of that file continues and the next is started.

Even when stopping the media server the files continue to stream. The only way to clear the list is to exit Mezzmo and restart it, however of course this is not ideal as it's a remote server.

Any ideas?

Paul
09-03-2012, 04:45 PM
Hi TobyDyer,

Contact us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll provide a patch that fixes several of the issues you mention.

fletch
09-05-2012, 11:20 AM
A 'patch' ? As opposed to the latest release?

http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/2650-Status-tab-spewing-steaming-messages-TV-is-off

FWIW, I've not seen this behavior since my last post to the thread above. Given that and all the discussions of issues in subsequent releases I've stuck with what I had. Now that I think about it, maybe I've not seen it because I've not used my oldest Samsung to view content. It's all been from the newer Samsung (2 years old) and Google TV. It never occurred to me that the client was messing up Mezzmo. I'll try the old TV again and see if I can repeat the problem with it.

Paul
09-05-2012, 12:48 PM
A 'patch' ? As opposed to the latest release?

The OP says he is using the latest Mezzmo release (v2.6.7.0).

TobyDyer: Does this only happen with photos? Or does it happen also with video files and music files?

TobyDyer
09-12-2012, 04:57 PM
This happens with photo and video files. I've not got any music files so not tested that. I've now installed the patch and it resolves the problem, plus allows me to skip videos ahead in 10 sec increments when using the right arrow on the controller.

Paul
09-12-2012, 07:33 PM
Thanks for posting back. Great that you are up and running now.