PDA

View Full Version : Bravida 2011

Heffaklump
09-07-2012, 12:35 AM
Hi,

I´m in the process of evaluating this great software and how good it works with the Sony Bravida 2011 TVs ( I have a KDL-46EX724 ). As it stands right now Mezzmo does have profiles for Sony Bravida KDL 2012 and 2010 models, but not for 2011. So I initially ran into some problems.

But through the great customer support I got a new profile (though still a 2012 profile) and a patch which managed to fix around 70-90% of the problems I´ve encountered so far. And I´ve since then sent customer support two more emails with various problems which I hope they can fix as quick as the first problem I had. I think I got a reply, patch and profile in under 2h (Thanks Peter), though this time I think it will take longer because of different time zones. My main hopes for this is to have a working profile, transcoding movies which needs transcoding etc. until my trail period expires.
And if they can fix the long time problem with subtitles for Bravida devices during that time I´ll be a happy camper. As it stands now they have to be added in by Mezzmo since the TV won´t pick them up.

If any of the staff (Maybe Paul or someone else at customer service) wants to do a deep dive into fixing this (a good solid Bravida KDL 2011 profiles) then I´m more than happy to help you any way I can (a beer maybe?).

By the way, do we have anyone else using a Bravida KDL 2011 device and Mezzmo?

Paul
09-07-2012, 08:40 AM
Hi Heffaklump,

We received your support email and we're looking into your issues now. You should hear from us shortly.

There are many 1000's of Sony Bravia TV owners using Mezzmo to stream movies, TV shows, music and photos to their TV - including 2010, 2011 and 2012 TV models. Currently, 2011 Bravia TV models should be using the 'Sony Bravia KDL (2012 Models)' device profile in Mezzmo v2.6.7.0, but we'll create a specific 'Sony Bravia KDL (2011 Models)' device profile for the new upcoming Mezzmo release so that it is clear which one to use.

Heffaklump
09-07-2012, 02:45 PM
You and your staff are very quick and helpful. I've sent them a bunch of problems and gotten excellent support and help. As well as a "temporary" Bravida KDL 2011 profile. The 2012 profile is not optimal since it transcodes to many files which takes away the ability to fast forward without pre-transcoding. And as I told customer service (or Peter in this case). I'm more than willing to help you in any way to get the 2011 profile optimized (as little or as optimal transcoding as possible) and the other things I mailed about.
I must say that your support organization are going to be one of the deciding factors for me when I was buy your product. The other factors will of course be a good 2011 profile which you already has spun up for me in a day :-) and the new features in mezzmo 3 which should solve the subtitle problem on bravida.

Many thanks!
/Heffa

Paul
09-07-2012, 08:22 PM
Thanks for your offer to help, Heffa.