PDA

View Full Version : Freeze and firewall isue

zeezuiper
01-02-2010, 08:47 PM
I'm evaluating Mezzmo for streaming videos to my Sony Bravia 40W5500 tv.
Although the program says the firewall is configured to allow streaming I only get it working by disabling the firewall completely (Windows 7, 64bits). Is this a bug and how should the firewall configuration be?

A second issue I have that after a couple of minutes the streamed video complete freezes. My Bravia says it is disconneced and I can't get it working again. The only way to solve the problem is to completely restart my server. Restarting the program and/or service won't do the trick.

Paul
01-03-2010, 09:35 AM
I will check the firewall issue and get back to you.

Can you please generate a log file of when you stream video and send it over to support, so that we can check it out and see what could be wrong? To generate a log file, please see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php?t=419

Paul
01-04-2010, 03:32 PM
Regarding the firewall - our code should let Mezzmo through a Windows 7 firewall ok if it says that the firewall is properly configured (I've just re-tested it here), unless you have some custom settings or other protection software.

Can you please go to your firewall settings and click on Advanced.

In the list of Inbound Rules, is Mezzmo Media Server listed? It should be listed 3 times and have the following:

Profile: Private
Enabled: Yes
Action: Allow
Override: No
Program: Any
Local Address: Any
Remote Address: Any
Protocol (1): TCP
Local port (1): 2869
Protocol (2): UDP
Local port (2): 1900
Protocol (3): TCP
Local port (3): 53168 *(if you haven't changed the default port in Mezzmo)
Remote Port: Any
Allowed Users: Any
Allowed Computers: Any

Please let me know if you have same settings and you still can't get through the firewall.