PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone recieved the error "Could not create the Destination file for download".

Victor1Smith
01-17-2010, 12:55 PM
When I try to download an individual file on the page it works no problem.
When I try to down load all the links which are just .zip files on the page, each file gives the error , "Could not create the destination file for download"

Why is this happening? Is it a Windows 7 thing?

Brent
01-18-2010, 02:52 PM
Hi,

Can you please provide a bit more information about what is happening.

Please tell me what version of DownloadStudio you are running?

When I try to down load all the links which are just .zip files on the page, each file gives the error , "Could not create the destination file for download"

Can you provide the web site page and steps you take to reproduce this error, so I can try and reproduce here.
Can you tell me if you initiating the download from a web browser? or from DownloadStudio's site explorer? Or just by pasting links into the add job dialog?

The error you reported is displayed in the job conversation when the download file can not be created/opened.

The only way I believe this could be possible if perhaps you added a list of downloads for multiple files that will be created with the same file name. By default the DownloadStudio options are set to rename the download if the file already exists, you may have changed this option to overwrite the existing file. If the existing file is locked (as it is currently being downloaded), then you may see the error you reported.

steve_broadstone
06-25-2010, 02:58 AM
When I try to download an attachment sent on an email I get the message that Destination File could not be created.

Brent
06-25-2010, 01:20 PM
Hi,

Please let us know mail service are you trying to download from? hotmail, gmail, yahoo, other...?

We should then be able to reproduce it here and provide some more details about what is happening. The reasons you may see that error are:
(a) if the file exists and is locked
(b) not enough disk space to download the file (unlikely for an email attachment)
(c) the file name contains an illegal character
(d) the file name being downloaded is too long for the file system to handle

Once again, please let us know what mail you are using (hotmail, gmail...) and we will investigate further and get back to you.