PDA

View Full Version : Hide Empty Folders

Snyper
09-15-2012, 09:58 PM
I've just noticed that Some of my folders/playlists contain empty folders if none of the files contained in them match the pattern for viewing. Eg. If a subfolder contains pictures but the playlist is set to only show videos.

Can we please (have the option to) hide folders which would otherwise be empty when viewing folders/playlists?

On a side note, are we able to get an eta for v3 at all. I've noted that point updates come out every couple of weeks normally but our last update was over 6 weeks ago. Does this mean v3 is near completion?

Thanks again for a great application guys. Keep up the fantastic work.

Paul
09-17-2012, 10:39 AM
Thanks for the suggestion on empty folders, Snyper. Its a good idea and we'll add it to our development task list.

We are preparing a new version (v2.7) for release this week. It contains all the latest fixes, patches, improvements and device profiles we've made during Mezzmo v2.6.x. Once released, then we'll concentrate our efforts on releasing Mezzmo v3.0. Development is mostly done for this major new release (including subtitling). We've still got a lot of testing to do though. Thanks for your patience. Sorry it has taken longer than expected.

Harold
11-22-2014, 02:58 AM
I realize this thread is over 2 years old, but wondering if "hide empty folders" is still on your "To-Do" list. I know it would make scanning for media files a lot simpler for me.
Otherwise, everything looks GREAT!
Just upgraded to 4.1.2.0.
Thanks.

Harold

Paul
11-23-2014, 11:04 AM
Hi Harold,

Yes, we do still have this on our "TODO" list. Thanks for your vote for this and glad you like Mezzmo v4.1.2.0 :).

skinpenthar
02-25-2015, 07:14 PM
if "hide empty folders" is still on your "To-Do" list. I know it would make scanning for media files a lot simpler for me.
Otherwise, everything looks GREAT!

Harold
07-11-2015, 03:23 AM
Just upgraded to 4.1.3.0.
The ability to hide empty folders would be a very good addition.
Everything else looks great.
Thanks.

Harold

Paul
07-11-2015, 04:44 PM
Thanks for your +1 on this feature. It will not be included in the upcoming Mezzmo v5.0 since the feature-set is now frozen, but we'll try to add into a subsequent version.

some_evil
08-13-2015, 05:44 PM
I would also like to 1+ this suggestion.

Very handy idea.

Cheers

TopMusic
11-22-2015, 08:40 AM
Is it an option to put a special file in the folder that must be hidden ?

Cheers

Paul
11-22-2015, 10:25 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. We can see it is useful. We'll certainly consider it for a future version of Mezzmo.

Paul
02-11-2016, 05:18 PM
Update: This feature has been added into the upcoming Mezzmo v5.0. Simply add an _ignore.mezzmo file into a folder and Mezzmo will not include the folder, it's files and sub-folders into your Mezzmo library.

To create an _ignore.mezzmo file, use Windows Explorer to right-click in the folder and click New -> Text Document and then rename the newly created file as _ignore.mezzmo.