PDA

View Full Version : How to change audio track with PS3/Mezzmo

rbk123
09-18-2012, 12:45 AM
When I play MKV or M2TS files that have multiple audio tracks, on my PS3, I can't seem to figure out how to change the audio track. On the PS3 controller I will press the triangle and go to the audio icon (looks like a musical note), but it does nothing.

I can change audio tracks with my WD TV Live Plus'es, but not the PS3. I tried searching the site but couldn't find anything on this but I'd wager it's common/simple/straightforward and I'm just clueless.

Paul
09-18-2012, 09:00 AM
If the file is delivered natively to your PS3 by Mezzmo server, then it is up to your DLNA device (your PS3) to let you change audio tracks using your controller or remote control. If the file is transcoded on the fly by Mezzmo, then (in the current version, Mezzmo v2.6.7.0), the first audio channel is chosen from the video file and you do not have the ability to select which audio channel is delivered. We're improving this at the moment and you should be able to select your preferred audio channel in the upcoming major version, Mezzmo v3.0. For the moment, as a workaround, you can remove unwanted audio channels from your video files using a video tools such as mkvtoolnix, MKVMerge or tsMuxeR (see http://www.videohelp.com/tools for a list of audio/video tools to try).

rbk123
09-19-2012, 06:45 AM
Thanks. Those are the tools I use to create the files (which I purposefully want 2 audio tracks). It looks like it's on the PS3 then, as I'm using native streaming (no transcoding), so I'll scour the PS3 community to see if they can tell me what I'm doing wrong. Thanks for the help.