PDA

View Full Version : Loosing connection to server

ian grayden
01-23-2010, 08:48 PM
Hi,

I've recently purchaced Mezzmo and have been experiencing a annoying problem.

I'm running Mezzmo server on a Windows Vista 64 platform powered by a Intel e8500 dual core CPU 4 GB memory, running through a 100Mbs wired network to a Sony Bravia KDL-46Z5500 TV.

Instalation ran smoothly and Mezzmo detected the presence of the TV and the TV can find the Mezzmo server.

Every so often during the playback of a video I recieve a message on the TV "Cannot access the server. Check server settings"

When I check the server settings on the TV every thing looks OK and when I play using the TV remote the video it gernerally restarts at the point a second or two before the problem occurred.

Some of the thing I have tried
* I have set the bit rate of the transcoded video to the smallest setting and have monitored the network load on the Server PC. The network load hovers around 10-15%. and there are no spikes at the point that the playback stops.
*Durring transcoding I have monitored the CPU usage and it goes up to about 80-90% and then drops down to 20% after the transcoding is completed. I don't think it goes up to 100% bfor any length of time.
* I have replaced the cable that connects the TV to the router.
* I have tried disabling my real time anti virus software.
* I have killed unused processess and removed other wired devices from the router.
*I have tried re-enstalling the software and applying the latest patch (2.1.2.0)

I am really happy with the playback quality of the transcoded files and the Mezzmo software but as I said it is really annoying when it stops working.

If there is anything you can suggest I try to resolve the problem it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ian.

Paul
01-25-2010, 08:14 AM
Hi Ian,

We are currently working on fixing connectivity issues that some people are experiencing from time to time, so I suspect you've found the same issue as well. It should be resolved soon and if you're interested in trying a patched version before an official update, please contact support via e-mail and I'll make sure you get one when it's available.

Dennis

Teuf
04-03-2010, 08:52 AM
Hi Ian,

We are currently working on fixing connectivity issues that some people are experiencing from time to time, so I suspect you've found the same issue as well. It should be resolved soon and if you're interested in trying a patched version before an official update, please contact support via e-mail and I'll make sure you get one when it's available.

Dennis

Hi,

I have got the same problem with a Sony KDL40EX500, using version 2.1.4 with a dual core running 2.6Gz, 2G memory and 100 Mbit CPL Dlan.
A bit annoying because the soft is real cool and works great; easy to install and to run.

Paul
04-06-2010, 08:44 AM
Hi,

Can you please send an e-mail to support and I'll send a patched version for you to try.

Ricardo
05-25-2010, 11:34 PM
Dennis,

Was this improvement added to the 2.1.6 version? I'm experiencing the same issue with the last version.

Regards,

Ricardo.

Paul
05-26-2010, 08:58 AM
Yes, there were some improvements made in 2.1.6, but there are so many factors in networking that it's nearly impossible to say for sure that all of connectivity issues have been fixed, or even if they are Mezzmo's fault (but if they are, we really want to fix them!).

Can you please send a message to support so that we can help you with your issue? Please let us know what device you have, what sort of network (wired/wireless) and when does this happen - during browsing folders, playing a file, etc... Thanks!