PDA

View Full Version : Songs greyed out and not playable

dirtybacon
09-19-2012, 11:28 AM
Hi! I searched the forums, but didn't see the answer... forgive me if this was discussed elsewhere.

I just installed the program, and am excited as it seems to show my large - LARGE - music collection quickly on my Yamaha network AV Receiver.

Unfortunately, when I browse to the songs (so go Artist->album->song list), all the songs are grayed out and I can't play them.

It's odd that it list everything, but won't play anything.

Anyone have an idea what I'm missing? I'm sure it's something easy, but I can't figure it out.

Thanks in advance!

dirtybacon
09-19-2012, 11:45 AM
Ok, figured it out. Had to go into "Media Devices" and then select the Unknown Device, select edit, then change the Device Profile to "Yamaha RX". Not sure what exactly that did for me, but it fixed it :)

Anyone know the difference between 'Yamaha RX' and 'Yamaha RX (mp3)'?

Paul
09-19-2012, 12:23 PM
Glad you are up and running now.

Choosing 'Yamaha RX' as the device profile tells Mezzmo what formats that your DLNA device supports and Mezzmo will deliver only those formats to your device so everything will play fine. So it is important to choose the matching device profile as you have done now.

The 'Yamaha RX' device profile will transcode any of your unsupported audio files to LPCM, whereas the 'Yamaha RX (MP3)' will transcode to MP3.