PDA

View Full Version : Restoring Rewind/Fast Forward/Pause functions to Mezzmo DLNA Videos

oaks225487
09-19-2012, 01:07 PM
Hello,

I would like to ask if anyone else has encountered the following problem and found a solution.

I have many HD Tivo recordings (most files are between 15-25GB) of sporting events which I’ve moved to my Windows 7 PC. Once residing on the PC, I’ve used kmttg to decrypt and remove commercials, resulting in a somewhat smaller .MP4 file.

My problem is this – I am able to stream these videos back to my TV via Mezzmo or Windows 7 DLNA, but there is absolutely no way to pause, fast forward, or rewind while watching a show. It’s not device specific – both my Samsung TV and Panasonic Blu-Ray have DLNA and can stream these videos, but on both devices trying to pause/rewind/fast forward is not allowed.

I was hopeful that streaming these videos to my Samsung TV with Mezzmo would restore the pause, fast forward, and rewind functions.

Unfortunately, though Mezzmo streams the videos to the Samsung in HD, the pause, fast forward, and rewind functions do not work.

I’ve tried to use the pre-transcode function in Mezzmo but always receive the following dialog:

“No files were queued for transcoding since they match formats that are supported by the selected devices”

Can anyone recommend a solution?

Here is some technical data from a typical video:

File Format: MPEG-1 System format
Video codec: MPEG-2 video
Audio codec: ATSC A/52 / AC-3
Bit rate: 13,977 kbps
Audio channels 6

Thanks.

Peter
09-20-2012, 08:46 AM
Hi,
on the Samsung TV it is not possible to use the fast forward and rewind button with streamed content, you can use the left and right buttons on the remote to seek within the video. If you want to try pre-transcoding to another format and the original format is supported by the device, you need to check the box in the pre-transcoding dialog to pre-transcode files even if they are supported by the device.

oaks225487
09-21-2012, 12:48 AM
Thank you for your response.

I was not attempting to scrub the videos with the rewind and fast forward buttons on the Samsung remote, but rather with the remote’s left and right buttons. As I noted, these buttons do not work with any of my tivo-converted videos ( I included specs from one such representative video in my post above).

I’ve also streamed the videos to a Panasonic Blu-Ray player with the same resulting crippling of the rewind/fast forward functions, so this problem is originating on the PC (Windows 7 DLNA and/or Mezzmo) side, NOT specific to the Samsung TV.

Concerning the “pre-transcode” option, can you tell me which format to choose which would allow the rewind and fast forward functions to work correctly?

Paul
09-21-2012, 09:05 AM
Please post the FFmpeg information for one of the video files that fails to pause or FF/REW. To do this, right-click on the video file in Mezzmo and click 'Get FFmpeg Information'.

With regards pre-transcoding, choose the bolded format. After transcoding has completed, try streaming the file again to your DLNA devices and see how they go. If no success, then please turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Stream the video again to your DLNA devices and try to pause or FF/REW. When that fails to work, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and send them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

oaks225487
09-24-2012, 07:29 AM
Paul,

Thank you for your continued followup with this problem.

The suggested pre-transcode format (in bold) is matroska, h264. I have pre-transcoded to this several times, but it has never restored rewind/fast forward. That function is always greyed out and unavailable when accessing the on-screen menu during playback.

Here is the ffmpeg info for one video (I will also send you the logs via email).

ffmpeg version N-40693-gc457a29 Copyright (c) 2000-2012 the FFmpeg developers
built on May 15 2012 12:57:14 with gcc 4.6.2
configuration: --enable-memalign-hack --arch=x86 --target-os=mingw32 --cross-prefix=i686-w64-mingw32- --enable-static --disable-shared --enable-zlib --disable-postproc --prefix=/home/peter/ffmpeg/build/gpl --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libx264 --enable-gpl --extra-libs='-lx264 -lpthread' --enable-runtime-cpudetect --extra-cflags=-I/home/peter/cc/include --extra-ldflags=-L/home/peter/cc/lib --pkg-config=pkg-config --disable-w32threads
libavutil 51. 51.100 / 51. 51.100
libavcodec 54. 21.101 / 54. 21.101
libavformat 54. 5.100 / 54. 5.100
libavdevice 53. 4.100 / 53. 4.100
libavfilter 2. 73.100 / 2. 73.100
libswscale 2. 1.100 / 2. 1.100
libswresample 0. 11.100 / 0. 11.100
Input #0, mpeg, from 'T:\video\fitness videos\NFL Football - ''Divisional Seattle Seahawks at Chicago Bears'' Jan 16, 2011_cut.mp4':
Duration: 01:43:41.74, start: 0.500000, bitrate: 14174 kb/s
Stream #0:0[0x1e0]: Video: mpeg2video (Main), yuv420p, 1280x720 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 13977 kb/s, 59.96 fps, 59.94 tbr, 90k tbn, 119.88 tbc
Stream #0:1[0x80]: Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), s16, 448 kb/s
At least one output file must be specified

---> DB Level Info: 4, 4
---> Frame rate: 59.96
---> Aspect ratio: 16:9

Paul
09-24-2012, 08:37 AM
Thanks for the further information. Can you record a small file and send it to us? We'd like to test it with our Samsung TVs here and fix the problem. So, please record a small file with your Tivo and upload it to a filesharing site like dropbox or rapidshare. Send us the download link to support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

Rainey
09-27-2012, 08:01 AM
You should state what version of Mezzmo you are using and more details about your Samsung TV.

I will tell you I have a Samsung D series TV and when trans-coding files with Mezzmo 2.6.7 it would make an .MPG file by default that would not jump forward/back when playing on the Samsung D TV.
I now see in Mezzmo 2.7.0 it is makeing an .MKV file by default that do jump forward/back.
If you pre trans-code then you could chose what type output file is.

The type of trans-coding is determined in the device profile i think, so the Samsung D profile must of changed some between the two mezzmo releases. I don't think i edited this part of my device profile last time.