PDA

View Full Version : My wishlist

greg
02-11-2010, 08:43 AM
Love Mezzmo. It's the best DLNA server software I have tried so far (and I have tried all of them - Nero, PS3 media server, Twonky, Tversity). Mezzmo works perfectly with my Samsung TV. I am recommending it to all my friends :o

A few things would make it even better:

* I want to transcode all my files before I stream them.

* I want subtitles. I have many movies with .SRT files.

That should be easy, shouldn't it? :p Can you do it? If you did, then Mezzmo would truly rock!

Greg.

Paul
02-11-2010, 09:08 AM
Love Mezzmo. It's the best DLNA server software I have tried so far (and I have tried all of them - Nero, PS3 media server, Twonky, Tversity). Mezzmo works perfectly with my Samsung TV. I am recommending it to all my friends :o

Thank you Greg!

A few things would make it even better:

* I want to transcode all my files before I stream them.

Yes, that feature is coming in a future update. It'll allow you to "prepare" all the files that are incompatible with your device in advance (overnight, for example), so that everything will be ready for you once you decide to watch or listen to any of your files.

* I want subtitles. I have many movies with .SRT files.

I am happy to say that this is coming soon as well! :cool:

That should be easy, shouldn't it? :p Can you do it? If you did, then Mezzmo would truly rock!

Greg.
Unfortunately in the world of streaming things are not easy, generally, but that doesn't mean that we'll shy away from them. On the contrary, we are aiming to make Mezzmo the best and most feature-rich DLNA server out there!

Dennis

greg
02-11-2010, 04:20 PM
Thanks, Dennis. I eagerly await the next version!