PDA

View Full Version : Version 2.7.0.0 security policy

mezzmo@mvg.za.net
09-25-2012, 09:40 PM
Hi

Has this version made changes to the Firewall Rules in Windows 7? I had mine set up to not allow, or get spurious connections from the PC itself.

The connections have now come back and it seems that even the option to not allow new connections does not work?

Please let me know.

Thanks
Mark

mezzmo@mvg.za.net
09-26-2012, 04:19 AM
Actually, it looks like Windows Media Player has restored itself and is now trying to talk to the Mezzmo Server...

I use the Notebook in two networks, hence the connection from 2 IP addresses.

Still concerned that Mezzmo allowed the connection even though set not to allow connection by default.

Cheers
Mark

Paul
09-26-2012, 10:57 AM
Hi Mark,

Thanks for reporting this. We did just find a small problem regarding allowing/denying devices & have just fixed it. We'll release a minor update shortly after we complete our testing.

Paul
09-27-2012, 11:21 AM
We just released a minor update, Mezzmo v2.7.1, that fixes the above issues.

mezzmo@mvg.za.net
09-27-2012, 04:13 PM
We just released a minor update, Mezzmo v2.7.1, that fixes the above issues.

Hi Guys

The fix does now prevent "unknown" devices from connecting, which is great.

However the option to "Notify me when new devices attempt...." does not seem to work?

If you allow all devices to connect a window pops up to show a new connection, but this doe snot happen when the permission to allow new connections is disabled.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Mark

Peter
09-27-2012, 04:30 PM
Hi Mark,
the notify messages only appear when a device is allowed to connect to Mezzmo, if a device is blocked from connecting to Mezzmo a notification is not shown.

mezzmo@mvg.za.net
09-27-2012, 04:42 PM
Hi Peter

Two comments:

Surely then the description "Notify me when new devices attempt to connect to Mezzmo" is incorrect and should be "Notify me when new devices connect to Mezzmo"

Without the notification of attempts, how do you know that something is trying to connect?

Cheers
Mark

Paul
09-28-2012, 08:51 AM
Thanks for this, Mark. We'll improve the text description to better reflect the way the notify window works.