PDA

View Full Version : Support for WHS & Fastforward/Rewind

zco
03-02-2010, 08:46 AM
Hi All,

just two short questions I couldn't answer myself using Google:
1. Does Mezzmo run on Windows Home Server? According to the list of supported operating systems Windows 2003 is supported. As WHS is built on Win2k3 I assume it is supported? (To support WHS, Mezzmo should be able to run as service without a logged on user)
2. I have a LG BD390 and the DLNA server in WHS does not support fastforwarding or rewinding. Are fastforward and rewind supported with the LG BD390 and Mezzmo?

Thanks in advance,
zco :o

Paul
03-02-2010, 08:54 AM
Hi All,

just two short questions I couldn't answer myself using Google:

Hi!

Thank you for the questions.

1. Does Mezzmo run on Windows Home Server? According to the list of supported operating systems Windows 2003 is supported. As WHS is built on Win2k3 I assume it is supported? (To support WHS, Mezzmo should be able to run as service without a logged on user)

Yes, Mezzmo runs on WHS. Once you set up your library using the Mezzmo GUI, the Mezzmo Media Server is actually a service, so you can have it run all the time without a user logged on.

2. I have a LG BD390 and the DLNA server in WHS does not support fastforwarding or rewinding. Are fastforward and rewind supported with the LG BD390 and Mezzmo?

Thanks in advance,
zco :o
Yes, fast forward and rewind are supported on all devices, but please note that when you play a transcoded file for the first time, these will be disabled until the file finishes transcoding (since we have no data to fast forward to, because it's still being written to disk while you are watching). Playing a transcoded file a second time should allow you to fast forward and rewind as usual.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Dennis