PDA

View Full Version : FAQ: How to re-organize your collection of files using Active playlists

Paul
03-11-2010, 04:56 PM
Did you know that you can use Active Playlists to re-organize your Library?

Mezzmo comes with a set of pre-created Active Playlists that you can use as a starting point, but you can further enhance it by adding your own or modifying existing ones.

What are Active Playlists? They are dynamic searches into your Mezzmo library for media files that match search criteria that you define. However, active playlists have an extra feature that lets you create a hierarchy of sub-playlists based on the attributes of the media files. This lets you create clear, well-organized playlists that make it easier to find the media files you want.

At the moment the attributes that you can use (in any order that you wish) include artist, album, genre, year and file type. We will be expanding these shortly to allow even further flexibility.

paparay
08-17-2010, 01:00 AM
I am not grasping how to create an Active Playlist. Under playlist name I entered Rosemary Clooney. In keyword I added Artist. That did not work. What did I do wrong?

Thanks,

Paul
08-17-2010, 08:57 AM
I am not grasping how to create an Active Playlist. Under playlist name I entered Rosemary Clooney. In keyword I added Artist. That did not work. What did I do wrong?

Can you please tell me what you'd like to create - a playlist that only contains Rosemary Clooney? If so, then you need to use the Smart Playlist (not Active).

wokka33
12-26-2010, 11:24 PM
I want to create folders for tv shows, movies, sport ect ect.
I have them saved in indervidual folders and sorted on my harddrive but when mezzmo imports files they are all over the show. is there an easy way to import files as the are already set up on my harddrive? Or do i have to go through and sort them again in mezzmo?, if so what and how is the best way to do this.
Thanks

Paul
12-27-2010, 08:19 AM
You can use the "Add Folder" command to add files and preserve your folder structure as you have it on disk.