PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo 2.7.0 and WDTV Live Streaming - Profile Problem

Kaiser2000
09-27-2012, 06:19 AM
Hey guys,

I've just installed v2.7.0 tonight and am using it with my WDTV Live Streaming (running firmware 1.11.14). Needless to say I was very interested to see the new release includes a specific profile for this player so I was keen to try it out as opposed to the WDTV Live (Gen 1) profile it defaults to previously

But...

When I change the profile in media device settings and restart Mezzmo, the WDTV sees the server, will connect but then tells me there's no media?
If I switch it back to the Gen 1 profile it works fine again.

Both Player and (physical) server have been rebooted but no joy.

Any thoughts?

On the plus side, browsing the server from the WDTV seems a lot faster now and playback seems to kick off quicker so that's a definite bonus

Semi-related: If I have to go recreating the Library to fix this, is there a way to export the existing one first? It's a pain having to manually download all the metadata for every film/TV show again

Thanks in advance :)

Peter
09-27-2012, 01:26 PM
Hi,
the latest update, v2.7.1, contains an updated device profile that should resolve this problem.

Kaiser2000
09-28-2012, 04:53 AM
Hi,
the latest update, v2.7.1, contains an updated device profile that should resolve this problem.

... and so it does :) Cheers!

That's why I love this software. Not only because the product itself is great, but the support is excellent - proactive and extremely helpful. I can honestly say it's a rarity these days and worth double what I paid for the license (not that I'm suggesting you increase it though :))

Thanks again guys

Paul
09-28-2012, 09:35 AM
Great that you are back up and running. Thanks for letting us know.

Semi-related: If I have to go recreating the Library to fix this, is there a way to export the existing one first? It's a pain having to manually download all the metadata for every film/TV show again

If you ever uninstall Mezzmo, then choose to keep your Mezzmo library in the Uninstaller. This will uninstall the Mezzmo program files only and keep your Mezzmo database (playlists, artwork, etc.) so that when you install Mezzmo the next time, they will be re-used.