PDA

View Full Version : not grabbing downloads from cnet in chrome

prophetizer
03-11-2010, 11:59 PM
i just downloaded trillian astra, from their website it redirects to cnet, and then downloads with the chrome downloader, not downloadstudio. how do i fix this? thanks.

ok, actually it's not downloading from several places, some things it gets, other things it doesn't get. so i guess it doesn't fully work with chrome yet?

Peter
03-12-2010, 08:16 AM
The current Chome plugin does not catch links from redirects, cnet uses redirects for their download links and when they are loaded in google chrome the DownloadStudio plugin is not called. We are investigating the issue.

prophetizer
03-12-2010, 10:47 PM
good to know. i currently was just using the trial. i have a license for another product i've used for years, but they also have this problem so i have been trying some other recommened download managers for chrome to see which works best. so far, i can't find any. once u solve this, i'm sure i'll purchase 3 licenses for my machines.

thanks.

Peter
03-17-2010, 10:46 AM
We have been able to implement a chrome extension that catches downloads from cnet, currently in testing but it should be released with DownloadStudio 6.0.2 later this month.

nzpossum
03-17-2010, 01:40 PM
Do the Chrome extension APIs allow for something liike a flash video grabber extension, like what you have developed for Firefox.

Peter
03-17-2010, 04:38 PM
I think it would be possible to implement something like that with chrome, we may consider expanding the functionality of the extension after DownloadStudio 6.0.2