PDA

View Full Version : Samsung TV incorrectly recognised - Transcoded files deleted - Archos Tablets?

Wakelest
09-27-2012, 06:42 PM
Hi

Sorry if I should start a three separate threads - but I haven't!

Up until a few upgrades ago my TV a Samsung UE 40D6200 TS has always been correctly recognised as a D- Series. After all the recent upgrades it gets identified as a C - Series and I have to reset it myself - not a major issue.

Is it normal that transcoded files are deleted during an upgrade, because mine appear to have vanished when upgrading to 2.7, I then transcoded two files this morning, checked they were in the folder and then upgraded to 2.71 and the files were no more. To me this seem wrong.

One last thing - any chance of getting Mezzmo to work with an Archos 80G9?
The tablet recognises Mezzmo, I can see all the media but when I select the files I get a message telling me the tablet doesn't support this type of media - whether it be mp3, divx, jpeg. Yet I can access these files via windows media server. The tablet is recognised as a generic device , I've tried switching to the Archos 7 profile but no change.

Regards
Paul

Paul
09-28-2012, 09:05 AM
Up until a few upgrades ago my TV a Samsung UE 40D6200 TS has always been correctly recognised as a D- Series. After all the recent upgrades it gets identified as a C - Series and I have to reset it myself - not a major issue

That's strange. Please send us a set of logs and we'll fix that up. Turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Turn off/on your TV and then connect to Mezzmo server using your TV. Then, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all your logs and send them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

Is it normal that transcoded files are deleted during an upgrade, because mine appear to have vanished when upgrading to 2.7, I then transcoded two files this morning, checked they were in the folder and then upgraded to 2.71 and the files were no more. To me this seem wrong.

What Mezzmo version did you upgrade from? We always try to keep your transcoded files when upgrading.

One last thing - any chance of getting Mezzmo to work with an Archos 80G9?
The tablet recognises Mezzmo, I can see all the media but when I select the files I get a message telling me the tablet doesn't support this type of media - whether it be mp3, divx, jpeg. Yet I can access these files via windows media server. The tablet is recognised as a generic device , I've tried switching to the Archos 7 profile but no change.

We can get Mezzmo streaming to your Archos 80G9. We'll create a device profile for it. When you turn on logging for the Samsung TV connection above, also connect to your Archos using Mezzmo and try to stream some files. When they fail as you mention, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up the logs and send them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com. Also, check your Archos manual (or Archos web site) for the list of supported video, audio and photo formats that this model supports. This will help us create the device profile so that it streams perfectly.

Wakelest
09-28-2012, 06:26 PM
Hi Paul

I've sent the log files and a list of supported formats for the Archos.

Regarding the deletion of my transcoded files I upgraded from 2.6.7 to 2.7 and noticed I had no transcoded files and then again between 2.7 and 2.7.1.0. I'm not too bothered as I usually pull out anything I want and store it elsewhere in the new format.

Thanks again for the help

Paul

Paul
10-01-2012, 09:35 AM
Thanks for the logs. After we analyze them, we'll respond via email with an Archos device profile to try & a possible fix for your Samsung TV detection issue.