PDA

View Full Version : Help with Samsung B650

chris
03-20-2010, 05:38 AM
hello.. im totally stuck with this at the moment, i was trying all yesterday evening to try and make this work... without luck.
I was trying mezzmo out on windows 7 as well as a couple of other DLNA servers.. All was working fine. I decided that i want to go ahead and buy mezzmo. I decided to start with a new install of win 7 due to the other DLNA servers being installed and some other programs i wanted rid of.
Anyway, Mezzmo worked before with my .avi files, however since i started with a clean install i get the 'file not supported' error.
MKV files were the same but i managed to get that working by downloading the CCCP codec pack. Im certain it must be a codec thing but havent had any luck.
When i was using it before successfully the only codec difference that i could think of was whatever came with Tversity. I dont want to have to install that again because i didnt get on with it!

I have taken the error logs and a screen pic of the ffmpeg result of one of the offending files if you would like me to send them somewhere?

thanks!

Paul
03-22-2010, 08:34 AM
Thank you - I received the logs and I'll reply to you via e-mail. There's an updated device profile available for Samsung TVs that should fix the AVI issue you are experiencing.

AB Cee
04-02-2010, 02:35 AM
I have a samsung B750 and I'm having a very similar problem with mezzmo not playing .avi files on my TV. Like chris, I get the 'file not supported' error. I'm trying out the trial version of mezzmo (v 2.1.4.0) on windows vista, prior to purchasing it. Also, I didn't see an option in the list of media devices for Samsung TV's. So I created a new device name called 'Samsung LCD TV' (running under one of the 'Generic Devices' for device profile) and then restarted mezzmo. After restarting, there was an additional device on the connected device list - 'Samsung LA'. I haven't a clue which one my TV is using. It connects and I see all my files listed in Media Play on my TV...it just won't play the .avi's. May I get an assist too? Thanks much!

Asimov
04-03-2010, 09:19 AM
Hello, I'm another samsung B650 user experiencing exactly the same issue described before. Like chris I installed other DLNA media servers to try them. I'd like to keep mezzmo, but I have to fix the .avi thing first.
I use K-lite codecs, and I can play any kind of video file on my players, but I couldn't stream .avi on my samsung LCD (no problem with .mkv format). The files are showed correctly on the TV browser, and I can see the thumbnails of any kind of shared media, but when I try to play some .avi file I get the "not supported file format" message. So I decided to uninstall k-lite and re-install the latest version, but nothing changed, I still get the "not supported file format" error on my TV.
I can see the Samsung LA profile in device settings and this profile was automatically selected at first start. I also tried to select generic device 1 to 4 profiles but apparently nothing changed.

I prepared some diagnostic LogFiles for review, please tell me if I can send them somewhere.

If I'd be able to solve this issue and if mezzmo will include the subtiltle support in the next release I'd surely buy the product as it seems to be the best DLNA media server available at the moment.
I don't see chris' feedback and I don't know if the solution mailed to him by Dennis worked, I'd like to try some workaround myself anyway. If anyone's got an idea please post :)

Thanks in advance for the support.

Edit: I tried to share some mp3 files today, my TV shows the "not supported file format" for them too. Please note that I have no problem at all streming both mp3 and avi files by all the other media servers I tested (many). Ironically none of them is able to play mkv format though, the only format mezzmo can stream to my TV at the moment...:eek:

Paul
04-06-2010, 08:47 AM
Can you please send an e-mail to support and I'll send an updated device profile for the Samsung TVs to you that will fix the "non-supported" issue.

Asimov
04-07-2010, 05:46 AM
Thanks Dennis for your answer, I've received your e-mail with the new profile attached, and I've replied: all work great apparently (I had just the time to make a try, didn't make an intensive test session :) ).
Congratulations for your customer support, light, easy and quick in solving issues.

Paul
04-07-2010, 08:02 AM
Thank you - I am glad that you are up and running! Please let me know if you uncover any further issues or wish to tweak the device profile further.

Gus
04-16-2010, 12:40 AM
Hi,

i too am having this issue. Is the new profile for Samsung TVs a secret? or only available if we log a call? would it not be a good idea to post this as a download if users experience the issue?

Paul
04-16-2010, 08:39 AM
Hi,

The new profile is not a secret of course :) It will be available as part of the 2.1.6 release due out really soon and in the mean time, please e-mail support@conceiva.com and I'll send it to you.

Gus
04-17-2010, 04:59 PM
OK, thanks Dennis, i now have the new profile installed and my TV plays all the files just like the Samsung server software. I do like the Mezzmo server especially the ability to organise all the folder structure that's visible on the TV, and the thumbnails / Covers. Very nice, thanks.

BUT, i can no longer Fast Forward/Rewind. I can do this when connected to the Samsung server software. Using the left/right single arrows on the remote. Not the double arrows at the bottom.

can this be fixed? thanks.

Gus

Paul
04-19-2010, 10:22 AM
Hi Gus,

Great to hear you are up and running with your Samsung TV. We're about the release a new Mezzmo update and all users will get this updated Samsung device profile.

With regards fast forward and rewind: From our extensive testing with Samsung TVs, we found that Samsung TVs were not consistent with their fast forward or rewind support. On some files, we could fast forward and rewind, but on some other files, it did not work. We put it down to Samsung's firmware in the TV since Mezzmo is delivering the files in the same (DLNA compliant) manner each time. Unfortunately, there's not much we can do from our side, but just wait for Samsung to update their firmware to support this functionality properly.

Tip: We found sometimes you can use the back and forward buttons (the round part of the remote control) to skip back and forth in a file, but unfortunately it did not work all the time for all files we tested.

Best regards,

Paul.