PDA

View Full Version : pre transcoding could somebody explain please

johndriscoll
09-28-2012, 03:25 AM
I have pre transcoded a movie and it appears to have worked but I'm not sure how. I started pretranscoding and after a few minutes I played the movie on my TV and it worked until the playing "caught up" with the pretranscoding and then it stopped or stuttered. I left it for an extended period and then tried again and it was OK. So how do I know when the pretranscoding has finished. There is no progress bar etc. Any help please?

mezzmo@mvg.za.net
09-28-2012, 04:10 AM
On the bottom right of the screen there are a few tabs - Status, Transcoding, Search etc.

Click on the Transcoding Tab and it will give you the progress of the current transcoding session.

Paul
09-28-2012, 09:30 AM
Mark is right - go to the Transcoding pane to see any current transcoding that is being done. If it is marked red, then it may be transcoding too slow for rea-time (smooth) playback on your device. In this case, you may want to pre-transcode the file before streaming it so you don't get any stuttering during playback. Right-click on the file in Mezzmo and click 'Pre-transcode Files' to do this.

Also, if you want to know if there's any finished transcoded files for a particular video/music/photo file, right-click on the file in Mezzmo and click Properties. Go to the Transcoding tab and that will list all the transcoded files for your devices.