PDA

View Full Version : Freezing/Stuttering during action/special effect sequences on Samsung

KillerCheeze
09-29-2012, 07:56 AM
I have a Samsung UE40C6540SK TV and I'm running Mezzmo 2.7.1.0

I've noticed this in several movies I stream, that sometimes during action scenes such as explosions, or scenes with a lot happening, that the movie will start to stutter. For example, a wide shot of sky with hundreds of birds flying about.

The biggest issue is a movie I am currently trying to stream... it's in .mp4 format, 1080p. A few minutes into the movie there's a scene where a character starts remembering something in his past and the scene disolves into a pixelated style effect (part of the movie) but within 5 seconds of this happening the movie freezes up with 'loading' in the top left. This will stay like this for 2-3 minutes and then it'll play about 3 more seconds of the movie before freeze again...

Any ideas? I know it's not my PC struggling with CPU usage etc.

Paul
10-01-2012, 10:43 AM
It could be a few reasons:

Your home network may not be able to deliver enough video data to play the move in real-time. This often occurs with wireless networks. If you are using wireless, make sure it is wireless-N with full signal strength. If you can, try connecting an Ethernet cable as a test to see if this is the cause.
The video may have a high bitrate and your TV's firmware may be struggling to decode & play it. Please post the FFmpeg information on the video file. To do this, right-click on the video in Mezzmo and click 'Get FFmpeg Information'. Also tell us the device profile that is assigned to your TV in Mezzmo. Go to the Media Devices dialog in Mezzmo to see this.

KillerCheeze
10-01-2012, 09:00 PM
I know it's not my network. I have my house wired with Ethernet ports rather than wireless anyway.

I actually managed to sort the issue by converting the MP4 to MKV, after that it played fine.

For what it's worth I'm using the Samsung C profile. Strange thing is that I can't find this profile to customise it. I found all the others, just not the Samsung C one.

Paul
10-02-2012, 08:09 AM
Samsung C device profile is a file called 'SamsungLA.prf'. Glad you are up and running now.