PDA

View Full Version : LG BD-390 and mkv support

Michael
04-05-2010, 12:29 AM
Hi,
I am currrelntly evaluating Mezzmo in combination with my BD-390 and must say I'm really pleased with most of the results, even flac files can now be streamed, something which was not possible (at least for me) with the other media servers tested so far (MediaHome 4, Wild Media Server)

However, I have an issues with mkv files.

Obviously, Matroska mkv files are transcoded, although this would not be required, as the BD390 supports them natively. Therefore, the mkv files don't play as smoothly as they play when streamed un-transcoded.

So, how can I change the setting if a certain file type, e.g. mkv, is transcoded or not? I suppose the Device Profile, e.g. "LGBluRay.prf" has to be modified. Is there a description of the parameters in the prf files available?

Thanks

Paul
04-06-2010, 08:50 AM
Hi Michael,

We have an updated device profile for the LG BD390 here, so if you can e-mail support, I'll send you the new device profile. It has better support for MKV and also MPEG-TS files, and if you have some files that are still transcoded unnecessarily, we can then add them to the device profile as well.

There is no formal documentation about the device profiles yet, but please feel free to ask me here on via e-mail (support) and I'll be happy to tell you about how they work in more detail.