PDA

View Full Version : Samsung UN55D TV not recognized

Jamtinge
09-30-2012, 12:03 PM
Hello,

After the update today, the mezzmo worked fine for about 10 mins, then disappeared from the list.

I deleted the device from the list hoping that Mezzmo would pick up the tv again, however Mezzmo doesn't see the tv at all.

As a last resort, I even re-intstalled Mezzmo again, but it still doesn't see my TV.

What should I try now?

Thanks...

Jamtinge
09-30-2012, 12:13 PM
FYI, I tried everything in the FAQ.

No network changes, no wire issues.

Paul
10-01-2012, 09:48 AM
Hi Jamtinge,

A few things to check:

Go to the Media Devices dialog in Mezzmo and check that devices are allowed to connect to Mezzmo server.
Go to the Media Server Settings dialog and if the 'Configure Windows Firewall' button is enabled, then click it to allow Mezzmo server to access your home network.

If still no success, then please send us a set of logs and we'll see what's going wrong. Turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Turn off/on your TV and then list media servers on your TV. When Mezzmo is not listed, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and send them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

Jamtinge
10-01-2012, 10:44 AM
Logs sent

What u suggest above is already set properly

Paul
10-01-2012, 10:55 AM
Thanks for the logs. They show no DLNA communication from your TV whatsoever. This typically means your TV is either not on your home network, or something is blocking your TV and Mezzmo server from communicating. Has there been any updates or changes to your firewall, system protection software or router's settings/firmware? These are the typical culprits for such DLNA communication blocking. From your logs, I can see that your router is broadcasting a lot of UPnP messages. That may be flooding your home network so your TV is not getting a chance to communicate with Mezzmo server. Try this: Go into your router's settings and turn off UPnP and DLNA built-in features. Reboot your router after making any changes.