PDA

View Full Version : artwork thumbnails not showing on sony BDP-S590 please help!!!

bondo333
10-02-2012, 07:26 AM
Im using a DLNA sony BDP-S590 for all my mezzmo video files to play on my tv and i cant get any of the coverart to show up on my tv all i get is the same media icon on all my video files. I can see the all the artwork on my pc just not on my tv. Im getting the artwork from the change artwork tap in the properties tab of the video files then clicking the get artwork from internet. I then click on maintain library with all boxes checked and only update files with missing information but still no luck with any of the cover art on my tv. So i was wondering if its something im doing wrong or does my blu ray player not support this option. The interface of my player looks alot like a PS3 if that helps at all. If my sony player does not support this i would be willing to get rid of it and get a different blu ray player..if thats the case what other brand would work better with mezzmo. I want a clean easy nice looking way to browse through all my movies on my tv because i use it alot. Im new to mezzmo and a noob when doing this stuff so if someone can please help me out step by step and a example on how to do this i would be real thankfull. thanks for any reply's

Paul
10-02-2012, 07:43 AM
All the Sony BDP models that we have here also do not show artwork when streaming via DLNA, so it seems to be a limitation of Sony BDP's firmware. Mezzmo delivers the artwork to the device, but the device's user interface does not display it.

In terms of other Blu-ray players, popular brands are Samsung, Panasonic and LG. I think all these display thumbnails & artwork for video, music and photos. Hopefully other Mezzmo users who own these models may post here to confirm this.

bondo333
10-03-2012, 06:57 AM
Thanks for the quick response. Not the news i wanted to here though..sucks because i just bought this blu ray player mainly to use to stream my movies from my pc with mezzmo. But this is my fault for not doing more research before i buy something. So looks like i will be selling this blu ray player and getting another brand. So anyone reading this what brand works the best with mezzmo?

Paul
10-03-2012, 10:50 AM
Some ideas for you:

If you are just after a DLNA device for streaming, then perhaps consider a WD TV Live (Plus/Hub). They are cheap, support lots of media formats, display artwork, and work well with Mezzmo.
If you are after a DLNA device for streaming and a Blu-ray player for playing your Blu-ray discs, then perhaps consider a Sony PS3. Similar user interface to your Sony BDP - but artwork is displayed. Works well with Mezzmo.

Wish you luck with your purchase! Post back with any questions or problems.

jbinkley60
10-03-2012, 06:00 PM
Here's a thread I started to discuss the various DLNA streaming devices with some of their capaibilties, including displaying artwork. It never got the traction I had hoped.

http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/3856-Streaming-Endpoint-Thread

bondo333
10-04-2012, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the response and link guys. Ok so ive been shopping around for a new blu ray player and came up with a few that caught my eye. If anyone has any of these or you know that they work well with mezzmo as far as cover art for movies, fast forward and rewind, nice interface and good wifi connection please let me know. Panasonic DMP-BDT220... LG BP620 and
Samsung BD-E5900 im having a hard time trying to decide which one to get and i dont want to make the same mistake i did with the sony S590 so any input you guys can give me would be great!!!