PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Transcoded Filesize

thegame3202
10-03-2012, 06:59 AM
Hello!

When I transcode a small movie (like 700MB), the resulting filesize is HUGE! I have some that are like 15GB. I don't see options for filesize options anywhere. I pretranscode everything and save those files so I don't have to worry about it. Is there something I'm missing? Thanks!

Paul
10-03-2012, 11:39 AM
Mezzmo uses FFmpeg to transcode your files. For your Xbox 360, video files are transcoded to WMV (ASF) files - the format that is natively supported by your Xbox 360. The transcoded file size may be larger than the original file size (or smaller sometimes depending on the output format). It is dependent on the format encoder used within FFmpeg. There are no options in Mezzmo to control a transcoded file's file size. You can set the maximum size of all your transcoded files in the Transcoding Settings dialog. When the maximum folder size is reached, older transcoded files are removed to make way for newer transcoded files.

thegame3202
10-03-2012, 11:28 PM
Thank you for the reply! Is that ever going to be an option? That would be an awesome feature! I'm actually doing a "save as" from the transcoded files so I don't have to re-transcode them later on, and those are stored on my 1TB drive.

Paul
10-04-2012, 08:06 AM
We'll consider it for a future version of Mezzmo. Thanks for the suggestion.