PDA

View Full Version : 2.7.1.0 Upgrade issues and about those thumbnails.....

ZazaBB
10-04-2012, 11:13 PM
Greetings & Salutations

Just updated from 2.6.5 and the Popcorn Hour A-100/110 profile that used to work fine on my devices (eGreat m34a & actual A110 units) now truncates the available folders to 1 screen of about 10 or 11 folders. When going to the regular Popcorn Hour profile, all 20 of my folders appear.

I also have Dish Hopper/Joey units which DID recognize under 2.6.5 automatically, but now require manual setting. Can't say about other devices I have at the moment....

I tried database mgmt, etc etc to no avail, so I uninstalled Mezzmo and installed a fresh 2.7.1.0 version. Same issue.... A-100/110 truncated, regular Popcorn Hour shows all.

Due to the completely fresh install, thumbnails started generating. I turned them off for all video files, which is all I host with Mezzmo.... no effect at all. Turned off all Metadata settings, again, no effect.

Way back when, I thought Dennis was going to implement a radio button or checkbox that COMPLETELY turns of ALL thumbnails, regardless of what media type, but I cannot find that option anywhere. My server is now generating 22,283 video thumbnails.

I don't use Mezzmo for music at all because of the sheer amount of music files I have would result in a similar issue of thumbnails.... and the resulting lag of reading the .db when loading music folders.

I can understand some users wanting the thumbnails for smaller collections, but for those of us with large collections it is an unnecessary task and/or load when perusing folders. As I write this, my thumbnail generation is at 13,280 left.... it's been running for over 2 hours. This is on a Dell Poweredge with Dual Quadcore XEON's and 32GB of RAM. I shudder to think what time this would take on a regular PC.

So, how about that "Master Thumbnail Button".... can I get a 2nd or 3rd or more votes out there....

Thanks for your continuing efforts.....

Peter
10-05-2012, 09:57 AM
Hi,
can you please enable diagnostic logging http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging and then after restarting your Mezzmo media server, try browsing the A-100/110 and then send the logs to support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

The Dish Hopper device profile does not have any information for automatic device recognition, so it is odd that it worked with 2.6.5. We may be able to add this information from the logs you send if we can see the user-agent or SSDP information for the Dish Hopper in the log.

Once Mezzmo begins generating thumbnails, changing the Metadata retrieval settings will not remove the existing tasks that are trying to get thumbnails from the files, you can clear these tasks by deleting the MezzmoImages.db, MezzmoVideoThumbnail.db and MezzmoAlbumArt.db files from your Mezzmo database directory. To find the Mezzmo database directory go to Tools and select options then click on the button to 'View Log Files', this will take you to a directory where you can navigate up one folder and then open the Mezzmo folder which contains the database files. You will need to stop your Mezzmo media server and exit Mezzmo to delete the files.