PDA

View Full Version : Issues After not using mezzmo for a while keep me from switching back

xcom923
10-05-2012, 05:36 PM
I'm trying to setup the mezzmo server again but two things happen the first is weird but livable. The server appears twice on my 360 I'm not sure why I'm restarted the server and then my PC but it stays (note: the current PC never had mezzmo till now) The second issue is more of a deal breaker till I can get it fixed. I started the server and deleted the default contents (as I normally do with any media server) I added a folder which contains subfolders. The folder shows up on my 360 but no subfolders and consequently no video files. Now, I've had something similar with PS3media server and I had to specifically indicate that the folder contains video files. I doubt that is helpful but I figured I'd throw it in there anyway

Paul
10-08-2012, 09:51 AM
Some answers:

1) You may see two Mezzmo's listed on your device if you have two network cards/interfaces on your computer (e.g. typically wired Ethernet and wireless). Go to the Media Devices dialog in Mezzmo and edit your Xbox 360 device. In the Device Settings dialog, change the Connection combo box from Automatic to you preferred network card (Ethernet is recommended).

2) You may not see files/sub-folders due to permissions issues. If the folder is on a NAS or another computer, then the Mezzmo server may not have access rights to the folder - so nothing is displayed. We have an FAQ that explains this better and how to fix it - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/4597-FAQ-Accessing-files-from-external-computers-and-NAS-drives-on-your-home-network

Let us know how you go.