PDA

View Full Version : 1080p stuttering

Justinf89
10-06-2012, 05:25 AM
I just finished playing around with the latest version of mezzmo and have an issue. I'm trying to stream a 1080p mkv over a wired network to my directv HR24-500 and the video playback is choppy. I then converted that file to 720p and it played smoothly. I even pre-transcoded the 1080p file before trying to watching it but it still stuttered very badly.

Is this an issue with the HR24-500 receiver just being too slow? I wouldn't think so since it can play 1080p television? The network is completely wired gigabit. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

On another note, the television is a pioneer elite PRO-150FD, that supports dlna. I haven't tried streaming it directly through it but maybe it would do better with the 1080p?

JohnM
10-06-2012, 06:19 AM
It could be a problem with network congestion. But more likely it is the bitrate is too high for the device.

Paul
10-08-2012, 10:22 AM
JohnM is probably right - your DirecTV HR24 may not like files over a certain bitrate. Devices often start stuttering when their firmware struggles to decode and play high bitrate files. You can try some of the other 'DirecTV' device profiles to see if they work better. Go to the Media Devices dialog in Mezzmo to change the device profile for a device.

Try your Pioneer TV as a DLNA device. In Mezzmo, make sure the device profile is set to 'Pioneer Kuro'. Let us know how you go.

Justinf89
10-09-2012, 05:36 AM
Alright I tried a 1080p mkv through the media player on the pioneer tv and it looks so good. No lagging or anything. Now my problem is, if I try to pause, ff, rew, basically anything other than playing from the begging of the movie, it comes up with an error box that states "Invalid response was received from the server. (103)". When your watching a 2hr movie, your bound to pause it as some point. It does pause, but when you hit play, this box comes up and then the movie exits. I also tried pre-transcoding it with the same result.

Thanks in advance!

Paul
10-10-2012, 10:23 AM
Hi Justinf89,

Can you create a set of logs so we can see what's happening? Please turn on logging in Mezzmo (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Stream the pre-transcoded file to your TV and try to fast-forward. When you see the error on your TV that you mention, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and send them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

joakim1981
10-10-2012, 11:12 AM
In audio options I have set up 2.0 not 5.1. The Samsung TV D6750 is a DTS pass thrue so the amplituner should handle the DTS.

Paul
10-10-2012, 01:36 PM
In audio options I have set up 2.0 not 5.1. The Samsung TV D6750 is a DTS pass thrue so the amplituner should handle the DTS.

Hi joakim1981, what problem are you having? Please describe it in detail so we can help.