PDA

View Full Version : Allow Moving Conceiva Folder to New Location

steppinwolf
05-11-2010, 12:55 PM
My ...\AppData\Local\Conceiva\ folder is huge (about 12 GB) mostly due to the ...\Mezzmo\TranscodingFiles\ subfolder which is currently @ 10GB.

OK, so I want to move it to F:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Conceiva\. I changed my temporary files to this location under Options\General\Temporary Files. Unfortunately, this only moves the Temporary_Thumbnail_Files folder which contains a mere 8MB of files.

I would like to move the entire Conceiva folder to the new location instead of only moving Temporary_Thumbnail_Files. Of course I can move the folders, but Mezzmo needs to look in the new location. Can you guys add a registry key or something that would allow users to do this?

Paul
05-11-2010, 12:59 PM
Yes, it's possible to move the transcoding folder. You'll need to open up the Media Server -> Transcoding Settings dialog and there's a setting there "Transcoded files temporary folder" that you can point to anywhere you wish.

Please let me know how that goes.

steppinwolf
05-12-2010, 09:17 AM
Okay, that worked--sort of. Mezzmo asked if I wanted to move the files indicating it would delete them if I said no. I said yes, but the files were just left in the original location. I moved them manually. No big deal. TranscodingFiles is currently the biggest folder by far so problem solved. Thanks. :)

Would be even better if we could move the entire Mezzmo folder!

Paul
05-12-2010, 09:18 AM
Thanks for getting back to me. We'll check into that and fix up this issue.

There are plans to allow you to move the entire Mezzmo folder, so it'll be implemented sooner or later ;)

pvanderveen73
02-24-2012, 04:43 PM
Is it possible to move the entire Mezzmo folder to a new location?

Paul
02-27-2012, 09:15 AM
Is it possible to move the entire Mezzmo folder to a new location?

Yes, please open a support ticket and we'll send you instructions on how to do that.