PDA

View Full Version : Help No video only audio w/Yamaha 673 AVR

tkpro
10-10-2012, 12:40 PM
Help

I have a Samsung TV D7900 , Yamaha 673 AVR and Mezzmo v 2.7.1 I get No video files to play only audio file play w/Yamaha 673 AVR using Yamaha RX profile. Am I missing something here or is there a adjusted profile I can use I tried several other avr profiles and nothing works

Please Help !!!!!!!!!!

Paul
10-10-2012, 01:27 PM
Typically you will connect to Mezzmo server using your Samsung TV to browse/play videos, music and photos (rather than using your Yamaha receiver). Your Samsung TV supports a wide range of video, audio and image formats. You can connect an ARC HDMI cable (or an optical cable) from your TV into your receiver to get the audio from your TV played through to your receiver & speakers. For your TV, use the Samsung D device profile in Mezzmo.

The Yamaha RX device profile supports only music formats, as that is what we have found Yamaha RX receivers can play via DLNA streaming. I do not have access to the manual for the 673 AVR so if your receiver can also stream & play video, then please find the section in your receiver's manual where it describes the video formats it supports via DLNA and post that information here - so we can create a new device profile.

YamahaAV
10-19-2012, 06:49 AM
This is true - the Yamaha receiver supports only music formats.

Paul
10-19-2012, 08:16 AM
Thanks for the confirmation.