PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo and XBMC

Frank Hagan
05-18-2010, 02:39 AM
After fighting with the WDTV-Live I have, I decided to build a small HTPC running XBMC to stream media to my TV. Mezzmo worked fine with the WDTV-Live when it could see it, but I found the WDTV-Live performance spotty with media streamers (not just Mezzmo). It often would not be listed, then would appear, and then disappear. The network shares always were visible on the WDTV-Live, but media streamers would be sometimes there, sometimes not.

So I have my little HTPC built with a USB thumbdrive running XBMC-Live, and it seems to connect and find Mezzmo all the time. I'm waiting for a small harddrive to be delivered tomorrow to finish the HTPC. I see that the XBMC Media Software is supported as a device in Mezzmo, so I'll be playing with that configuration after the drive is installed (should be tomorrow night).

Any one else done this? Any pitfalls to be aware of, or special configuration issues from the Mezzmo side of things?

Paul
05-18-2010, 08:41 AM
We've done testing of XBMC with Mezzmo and everything seemed to be ok, but if you find any issues, please do let us know.

Regarding WDTV Live - did you have the latest firmware on it? I think it's 1.02.21.

Frank Hagan
05-18-2010, 09:03 AM
I'll check on the WDTV-Live firmware; I think its current, but I will let you know. There are other UI issues I'm concerned with so it occasionally "losing" both Mezzmo and Playon from its menus was not the main driver in setting up XBMC.