PDA

View Full Version : multiple mezzmo icons on bravia

renatino
10-12-2012, 11:26 PM
Hi.
i'm sure i read sometinthing abot this problem but i cant find the post anymore and so i apologize in advance
the problem i have is that i now see 7 mezzmo icons on my sony bravia . normally just onee is green and the orher ones are grayed out (unavailable).. is there a way to remove this ? thanks in advance

mezzmo@mvg.za.net
10-12-2012, 11:50 PM
The only way I have found to remove them is to go into the settings, network settings, servers, display then options to delete (Can't recall the exact location as I am at work not in front of TV.

Would love to know why the appear though. Seems to be something to do with identifying the Mezzmo server as they seem to appear after a reboot.

Post back if you do not find it and I will check tonight?

Cheers
Mark

renatino
10-13-2012, 12:01 AM
yep. in the meanwhile i solved . there is a setup section for network->domestic lan (DLNA) that gives you the option what to display and what not to . so i disabled the 6 broken mezzmos and now i can see only 1 and greem . thanks for you time anyway (the questions is still valid : why were there 7 icons ?) cheers

Paul
10-15-2012, 09:33 AM
Hi renatino,

You may see multiple 'Mezzmo' servers listed on your DLNA device if you have multiple network adaptors/interfaces on the computer that has Mezzmo installed on it. Typically, you may see two Mezzmo servers listed when you have wired Ethernet and wireless turned on on your computer/laptop.

If you do have multiple network adaptors, to just show one Mezzmo server on your DLNA device, go to the Media Devices dialog in Mezzmo and edit your device. Change the Connection combo box from 'Automatic' to your preferred network adapter (wired Ethernet is recommended).

Another reason to see more than one Mezzmo is that Sony devices do cache their list of servers. On your Sony Bravia, you need to go to Settings -> Network -> Server Display and then press the Options button. Remove all the entries from your server list and then press the Options button again to update your server list. This will find all your media servers and remove any older entries.

06blade
10-16-2012, 08:04 AM
I've had a couple of mezzmo's appear in my Sony list, along with some rubbish I experimented with before I purchased Mezzmo. Easiest way to remove them was factory reset the TV, and then auto tune. Re-entered the wifi details and all was good. Took no more than 3 minutes.

Paul
10-16-2012, 09:30 AM
Thanks for sharing this, 06blade.

mezzmo@mvg.za.net
10-17-2012, 04:50 AM
Hi Paul

Can you advise why on a Sony Bravia KDL32EX600 TV, which I gather you have, there are multiple "dead" server instances listed and only one live one?

It seems that every time Mezzmo is restarted a new server is added to the TV.

Tonight I could not find the live Mezzmo server and eventually went in to the Network, Server Display Settings and found a "live" (not greyed out) server listed as not displayed. I tried to change this to display but got a message that the server list was full.

I deleted some of the "dead" servers and was then able to display the live server.

I would like to make sure that the number of servers does not keep growing as it is currently and can only think that the "identity" of the server is being changed, hence the additional listings.

BTW. I use static IP addresses, so this is not related to changing IP addresses.

Thanks
Mark

Paul
10-17-2012, 10:39 AM
Hi Mark,

Thanks for reporting this. It should not be happening. Can you replicate it in a set of logs for us to look at? Before turning on logging, clean up your list of servers on your Sony Bravia as you mention so only one Mezzmo is listed. Then turn on logging and see if you can get multiple Mezzmo servers listed (either live or dead). You may need stop your Mezzmo server or turn your TV off and on several times to get it to happen. Once it does happen, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all your logs and send them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com. Also, send the "MezzmoMediaServer.ini" file from your c:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Conceiva\Mezzmo folder.

mezzmo@mvg.za.net
10-18-2012, 04:42 AM
Hi Paul

My MezzmoMediaServer.ini is as follows:

[DB]
FileName=C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Local\Conceiva\Mezz mo.db

I have tried to reproduce this tonight with no success.

Cleared all DNLA servers on TV
Started Mezzmo and checked that only on icon displayed.
Restratded Mezzmo a couple of times
Rebooted PC
Turned TV off and on
Rebooted TV (pulled plug)

All with no success.

Maybe this happens when a new version of Mezzmo is installed - does the new version give any information to the client that may be used to identify the server?

Maybe you can send me links to some fixes that will have different build numbers so that I can try this?

BTW. Tried renaming the Mezzmo Server to Mezzmo 2.7.1.0 and there is still only one server listed?

Thanks
Mark

Paul
10-18-2012, 10:49 AM
Hi Mark,

Does your 'MezzmoMediaServer.ini' file only contain the two lines that you have listed in your post? If yes, then something has gone wrong. It should contain many more lines. Can you zip up the 'MezzmoMediaServer.ini' file and send it to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com?

The issue you have seen where multiple Mezzmo servers appear on your TV will only occur when you upgraded to v2.7.x. In v2.7.x, we changed the way Mezzmo is uniquely identified on your home network so that you can have multiple Mezzmo servers running on your home network (there was a bug in this area prior to v2.7.x that caused disconnects when streaming). I think we'll get you sorted once we see your 'MezzmoMediaServer.ini' file.

Chris B
11-04-2012, 01:34 AM
Hi Paul,

I am also experiencing this problem. I'm using Mezzmo 2.7.1.0 and have a Sony KDL 32ex503 Bravia TV(not KDL-32D3000 as stated in my first edit).

I think my problem may be at the PC (server) end.

I was running Mezzmo on a Windows 7 laptop acting as a server. Eventually I noticed about 6 "dead" Mezzmo icons on the tv and deleted them all in the Sony TV's Network menu. All worked fine for a few days (only a single server showed up on the tv).

I then upgraded my laptop to Windows 8. Over the next few days I noticed more "instances" of Mezzmo (greyed icons) appearing on the TV.

I then happened to notice that under the "modern" interface of Windows 8, when I go to Settings, then Change PC settings, then Devices, I can see that multiple instances of Mezzmo have been created on the PC. Hovering over each of them now shows the date on which they were created (note that using the conventional Windows Control Panel, Devices does not show the date).

I then deleted all the old instances of Mezzmo (marked as "offline") in the Devices tab but since then, 2 new instances have appeared on the PC. I will try to analyse a bit more about what exactly is triggering Mezzmo to create a new instance. I think it may be a hibernate or a sleep event but I'm not sure.

Note that I still had the problem under Windows 7 but Windows 8 has just "revealed" a little bit more about when new instances are being created.

I have 2 wireless networks in the house and the laptop can be connected to either one. I wonder if a new instance is created when the laptop connects to the "other" network compared to its last session?

I hope this information helps you to investigate a bit more.

I will turn on logging and see what happens over the next week or so and send you the data if it helps.

Chris B

mezzmo@mvg.za.net
11-04-2012, 03:25 AM
Hey Chris

Do the IP addresses on your laptop change? If so that seems to be the cause of the "dead" servers.

The guys at Mezzmo have got a fix which seems to work very well so far :-)

I am sure you will hear from Paul and Co on Monday.

Cheers
Mark

Chris B
11-04-2012, 07:10 AM
Hey Chris

Do the IP addresses on your laptop change? If so that seems to be the cause of the "dead" servers.

The guys at Mezzmo have got a fix which seems to work very well so far :-)

I am sure you will hear from Paul and Co on Monday.

Cheers
Mark

Hi Mark,

I think the IP addresses always stay the same (192.168.1.10 for the TV and 192.168.1.12 for the server laptop).

But I am monitoring my setup for the next time Mezzmo creates a new instance and I will look at the IP addresses just to be sure.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Chris

Paul
11-05-2012, 08:36 AM
Hi Chris,

As Mark has kindly mentioned, we have created a patch that fixes the multiple Mezzmo servers listed on your Sony device. There's no need to monitor your IP addresses or change your network setup - the new patch will work fine. Contact us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll provide it to you.

paulorox
11-08-2012, 12:17 AM
Hi Paul,

Will this patch be in the next update of Mezzmo?

I'm also experiencing this problem with all 4 of my Sony BDP-S370 bluray players. All have fixed IPs and I have specified the network adapter in Mezzmo.

Thanks
Paulo

Paul
11-08-2012, 06:32 AM
Hi Paulo,

Yes - this patch will be included in the next Mezzmo release. If you would like the patch now to fix your problem, please contact us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we will send it to you.