PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo only displays files from one PC at a time

Tam459
10-15-2012, 05:10 PM
Hi,

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought that one of the benefits of using Mezzmo was to only need to use on "media server". I have had Mezzmo installed on my PC and was finding it to be excellent and therefore wanted to also have a copy for my husbands computer. When I installed a copy on his (currently trial version only) my BluRay player now will only display the folders/files on his computer and not on mine. To see if mine was still working I switched his media streaming off and my files reappeared.

Should I be able to see files on both computers at the same time? If so, any suggestions as to the problem?

Thanks,

Tam

Paul
10-15-2012, 05:28 PM
Hi Tam,

You will need to purchase a license of Mezzmo for every computer that will be running Mezzmo.

Make sure you have installed the latest version of Mezzmo (v2.7.1) as it contains a few fixes in this area (i.e. running multiple copies of Mezzmo on your home network).

If still no better, then try this on each computer:

Stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo
Using Windows Explorer, go to the following folder: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Conceiva\Mezzmo
Edit the "MezzmoMediaServer.ini" file with Notepad or another text editor
Remove any lines that start with UUID1=, UUID2=, etc.
Save the "MezzmoMediaServer.ini" file and try running Mezzmo now

Let us know how you go.

Tam459
10-15-2012, 06:22 PM
Hi Paul,

Updating didn't work however editing the ini file did. I can now see 2 Mezzmo icons on the server screen of the BluRay player.

Thanks,

Tam

Paul
10-15-2012, 06:28 PM
Glad you are up and running now, Tam.

JohnM
10-16-2012, 04:55 AM
You could of course share the folder that has the videos in it on your husband's machine. Then link that to a driveid on your machine. It would allow you to add the folder to your copy of Mezzmo.