PDA

View Full Version : Playing different types of files on Sony BDV E370

Andyc7
10-16-2012, 06:13 AM
Advice please on which device profile needed to stream different types of file on my Sony Blu Ray Home Theatre System BDV E370. I don’t recall have many problems until the last upgrade but now I struggle and have to keep changing profile to stream different files. I’ve tried all the Sony ones but there isn’t one that fits the bill.

The main files I use are mp4, avi & mts files with the occasional 720p mkv. Although I’ve been using Mezzmo for a couple of years now I’m not really that good with it so it may well be the way it's set up that is giving me the problems. (I'm not a 'meddler' though so I don't think I'd of changed any of the bits that are important to make the system work.)

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Andy

Paul
10-16-2012, 09:16 AM
Hi Andy,

I would recommend using the 'Sony BDP, HT, SMP' device profile. Make sure you are running the current version of Mezzmo (v2.7.1.0). Click the Help -> About Mezzmo menu in Mezzmo to check your version. If any file does not play when using the device profile and this version of Mezzmo, then please post the FFmpeg information on the file that you are trying to play and we'll check out what is going wrong. To get the FFmpeg information, right-click on the file in Mezzmo and click 'Get FFmpeg Information'.

Andyc7
10-16-2012, 09:53 AM
Many thanks Paul, I'll check that out and post the result in this thread.

Andy

Andyc7
10-16-2012, 10:07 AM
Paul

I've checked my version and it is v2.7.1.0. I changed profile to the one you've suggested but all I'm getting now is a 'There is no playable file' message when I click on the Mezzmo icon. It wont even recognise any folders and stays that way even when the Blu Ray player is re started.

Andy

Paul
10-16-2012, 10:31 AM
Hi Andy,

My guess is that transcoding is turned off in Mezzmo so your files are being presented natively to your Sony device and it refuses to play that particular format.

Check that transcoding is turned on for your Sony device so that Mezzmo can make sure the file will play on your Sony device. To do this, make sure transcoding is turned on in the Transcoding Settings dialog. Then, make sure transcoding is turned on in the Device Settings dialog (Transcoding tab) for your Sony device (go to the Media Devices dialog and edit the device to display the Device Settings dialog).

Another possible reason for no files or folders being listed is if your files are coming from a NAS drive, then your Mezzmo server may not be able to access your folders and files due to access permissions. Check out this FAQ and see if it helps: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/4597-FAQ-Accessing-files-from-external-computers-and-NAS-drives-on-your-home-network

Let us know how you go.

Andyc7
10-16-2012, 06:53 PM
Hi Paul

I've checked the settings you've mentioned (I think correctly) and both seem ok. In the transcoding settings tab the 'Turn off transcoding for all connected devices' tab ISN'T checked. When I edit my device in media devices and click on the transcoding tab the 'Transcode incompatible media files so they can be played on the device' tab IS checked. I'm still getting the same message up I'm afraid.

I don't think the folder access is the problem as I only have 1 PC and there are no passwords on it at all. Also other device profiles see my folders no problem.

I appreciate your assistance with this Paul.

Andy

Paul
10-17-2012, 09:58 AM
Hi Andy,

Thanks for checking those settings. Next step is to send us a set of logs and we'll see what Mezzmo server is delivering to your device. Please turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Connect to Mezzmo from your Sony device and try browsing playlists and folders and try to play a file. When this fails, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and send them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com. Once we get the logs, we'll analyze them to see why you are getting no folders or files listed.