PDA

View Full Version : Support for Netgear NTV300SL - how to go about getting device profile created

freebird614
10-20-2012, 11:00 AM
I recently purchased a Netgear NTV300SL their newest network media player, and 2.7.1.0 discovers it as a "Pioneer BDP". This is a completely different box than either the older EVAs or the recently end of life NTV550 (NeoTV550).

There is scant documentation on the NTV300SL. Although not posted on Netgears website, another fairly reputable site claims the device uses Mediatek MTK8653 SoC and sees my Mezzo (DLNA works).

Paul
10-22-2012, 09:55 AM
Firstly, I'd recommend trying the 'WD TV Live Plus' device profile or the 'XStreamer' device profile as they both have good format support - and I assume this new Netgear model has good format support.

We'll create a device profile for this device. We'll need two things: (i) a set of logs and (ii) a list of supported video, music, image and subtitle formats.

Please turn on logging (http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart you Mezzmo server. Connect to your Netgear media player and try browsing and playing some files. Then, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and send them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

If possible, see if you can find the video, music, image and subtitle formats supported by your device. Check the manual, or Netgear's web site, or ask their support staff.

freebird614
10-24-2012, 09:50 AM
Thanks, sent zipped logs off to support last night.

Paul
10-26-2012, 09:23 AM
We have not received your logs as yet. Please email them to us again to support [at] conceiva [dot] com. Make sure you zip them up and make sure the ZIP file is under 10MB in size or your email may bounce. If larger in size, then please place them on a filesharing site like dropbox or rapidshare & send us the download link.

freebird614
10-30-2012, 12:13 PM
So I will run a new set and try to keep the size below 10MB...first two attempts to email them did indeed bounce back.

The original ZIP I sent included a Mezzmo Crash that happened during testing ... removed that and the resulting zip file size was 8MB hopefully it will make it through.

If that bounces back I will repost to a file sharing site.

MezzmoUser
01-05-2013, 05:08 AM
The Sony SMP-N200 Profile seems to work for it but most of my movies are stretched to fit my TV. I guess I'll just deal with it until a proper profile gets created.

Paul
01-07-2013, 08:39 AM
Email us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we will provide a device profile for your Netgear NTV300SL (Netgear NeoTV Max).

rikker
01-30-2013, 04:21 PM
I have a NTV300SL as well, so I've sent an email with the appropriate logs and information. Please make sure you receive it.

Thanks!

Rick

Paul
01-31-2013, 08:57 AM
Hi Rick,

We did not get your email at support [at] conceiva [dot] com, so I've PM'ed you the details.

rikker
02-01-2013, 02:57 PM
Hi Rick,

We did not get your email at support [at] conceiva [dot] com, so I've PM'ed you the details.

I checked my mail server and re-sent it, I did confirm you received it. It should have been Wednesday.

Thanks,

Rick

Paul
02-02-2013, 08:47 AM
We did eventually get your email - but strangely it was delayed by a day or so. Anyway we replied to your email with the device profile to try. We got your test results just now and will reply shortly.

rikker
02-06-2013, 12:34 PM
Hey guys:

You have anything from my two debug logs that you can provide or suggest?

Thanks,

Rick