PDA

View Full Version : How to Setup Transcoding to NOT Transcode On-The-Fly but ONLY Transcode Manuallly?

stevefoobar
10-21-2012, 01:25 AM
Hi Everyone. It's not clear to me exactly how to change the settings on my device and within Mezzmo so it will never transcode on-the-fly but still allow me to right-click on an individual video file and pre-transcode manually.

On a related note, is there a way to tell Mezzmo which specific folders I would like it to pre-transcode automatically? I have far too many videos to pre-transcode them all.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Paul
10-22-2012, 09:11 AM
Hi Steve,

To turn off transcoding for a particular device, go to the Media Devices dialog in Mezzmo and edit your device. In the Device Settings dialog, go to the Transcoding tab and you will see a checkbox to turn transcoding on/off for your device.

To pre-transcode a file, right-click on the selected file (or files) in Mezzmo and click 'Pre-transcode Files'. To pre-transcode a playlist or folder of files, right-click on the playlist/folder and click 'Pre-transcode Playlist'.

Let us know if you need further help.

stevefoobar
10-22-2012, 02:08 PM
The problem with this solution is that it doesn't work this way.

If I turn off transcoding on the device, then I do NOT have the option to pre-transcode files by right-clicking on a file or folder. It will not let me select the device apparently because I turned off transcoding on the device itself (since I do NOT want on-the-fly transcoding enabled).

Thus there appears to be no way to configure the software so that Mezzmo will NOT transcode on-the-fly, yet still be able to easily right-click to manually transcode files when I want to WITHOUT constantly having to go back to the device and turning transcoding back on temporarily while I manually transcode files, then turning it back off when I'm done.

Furthermore, there appears to be no way to set a particular folder ONLY to automatically pre-transcode files. This would be an extremely helpful feature since I have a Hauppauge WinTV card that records video using WinTV ver. 7 application to a particular folder and that is the ONLY folder I want Mezzmo to automatically pre-transcode video files from.

Paul
10-22-2012, 02:34 PM
Hi Steve,

Thanks for pointing this out. We'll change Mezzmo so that you can pre-transcode files whether or not you have transcoding turn on or off. This fix will be available in the next Mezzmo release, or you can contact us now at support [at] conceiva [dot] com for a patch to get up and running now.

stevefoobar
10-22-2012, 03:21 PM
That's wonderful. Now what about the extremely useful feature of being able to set specific folders to automatically pre-transcribe when they see new files added? If you add the previously mentioned feature and this new feature, your software will be that much more amazing. :)

Paul
10-22-2012, 03:28 PM
Now what about the extremely useful feature of being able to set specific folders to automatically pre-transcribe when they see new files added?

We'll consider that as well, but it will take a bit more time. So it will wait until we have higher priority features completed.

stevefoobar
10-22-2012, 04:03 PM
We'll consider that as well, but it will take a bit more time. So it will wait until we have higher priority features completed.

Thanks! Great software.