PDA

View Full Version : Not playing MP3 files, and more

Hondoe1950
10-21-2012, 02:45 PM
I was excited to get and install Mezzmo, and deighted that it works so well on my Panasonic DMP-BDT220 Integrated Wi-Fi 3D Bluray player immediately for displaying photos and for playing movies.

But Mezzmo will not play music from my Music folder -- D:\My Documents\Mp3 -- which has many folders for each artist and then sub-folders for specific albums.

Please give me suggestions on how to get this to work.

thanks

p.s. I have a Windows 7 64 bit system with a quad-core Intel cpu, 8 gigs of RAM, and about 50% space on my hard drive

also, many of the songs in the sub-folders don't appear in the listing, either

Paul
10-22-2012, 10:02 AM
Hi Hondoe1950,

Please check the device profile assigned to your Panasonic Blu-ray player in Mezzmo. Go to the Media Devices dialog in Mezzmo to check this. Try changing the device profile to "Panasonic BDP", "Panasonic BDP (MKV)" or "Panasonic BDP (MPEG-TS)". After each change, restart your Mezzmo server and try streaming your MP3s again.

If no better, then please turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging). Restart your Mezzmo server. Try streaming your MP3 files and when they fail to be listed or play, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up your logs and send them to us for analysis to support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

Hondoe1950
10-22-2012, 10:29 AM
Hi Hondoe1950,

Please check the device profile assigned to your Panasonic Blu-ray player in Mezzmo. Go to the Media Devices dialog in Mezzmo to check this. Try changing the device profile to "Panasonic BDP", "Panasonic BDP (MKV)" or "Panasonic BDP (MPEG-TS)". After each change, restart your Mezzmo server and try streaming your MP3s again.

If no better, then please turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging). Restart your Mezzmo server. Try streaming your MP3 files and when they fail to be listed or play, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up your logs and send them to us for analysis to support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

I understand how to get to the Media Devices dialog, but within it I found several listings for the Panasonic Blu-ray player as "unknown device". I deleted them so that I can start fresh when I turn on my blu-ray player again. But if Mezzmo again shows the device as unknown, how do I change it to one of the names you mentioned? Do I just click Edit and change the Device Name, or is there more to it than that?

Thank you very much for your help.

Paul
10-22-2012, 10:36 AM
Yes - just edit the device and you can set both the name and the device profile in the Device Settings dialog. If any troubles, let us know.

Hondoe1950
10-23-2012, 08:29 AM
Yes - just edit the device and you can set both the name and the device profile in the Device Settings dialog. If any troubles, let us know.

It's working now.

I'm embarrassed to admit that at first I didn't see that in the Device Settings Edit window is a pull-down menu entitled Device Profile!

Once I saw it, I was able to set the player to Panasonic BDP (MKV) and everything worked.

thank you for your great support

Paul
10-23-2012, 08:50 AM
Glad you are up and running now. Let us know if you have any further problems or questions.