PDA

View Full Version : Squeezebox

Rockets
06-08-2010, 11:59 PM
Hi

I'm testing Mezzmo and it works great with my Bravia with audio files during the quick testing I've done. I also see that Squeezebox is a supported device but for the life of me I can't seem to work out how to get my Squeezebox classic talking to Mezzmo. Can some one point me in the right direction for more information getting it running. Not too concerned as I have Squeezeserver running along side Mezzmo on my Windows Home Server but I'd prefer to have a single solution running. I need to have trasncoding available for m4a ALAC files.

Rockets

Paul
06-09-2010, 08:44 AM
Hi,

I don't remember exactly (I can tell you for sure later on, as I actually own a SB at home and I'll see how I've added Mezzmo in - that was a year or so ago, so I don't remember now), but I think you need to add Mezzmo to the Squeezeserver and then it'll show up in the SB. If that doesn't work or is not the right way to do it, let me know and I'll check at home how I've done it.

Rockets
06-09-2010, 09:04 PM
I found it. It's buried in the advanced settings in Sqeezeserver.

Paul
06-10-2010, 08:33 AM
Glad you found it - it actually took me a bit of time to find it as well. I think in the older version of the SC it wasn't so well hidden :)

GliMM
01-05-2011, 03:15 AM
Hello!
I also try to get my Squeezebox system to talk to Mezzmo, but I can't find any way to do this.

buried in the advanced settings in Sqeezeserver... Could anyone point me a little closer than this?`
Thanks in advance!

Paul
01-05-2011, 08:48 AM
I'll need to check at home, unless someone replies sooner :)

oversteer
01-07-2011, 12:38 AM
From web interface - Settings, Advanced, choose "Network" section (dropdown list) and change "UPnP client" to "Enabled"
Mezzmo will then appear under Music Library on each player.

Works beautifully even over a SSH tunnel to Softsqueeze on my office PC :D

Paul
01-07-2011, 08:50 AM
Thanks for that! My own SB's power supply burned out :( Now have to think whether to replace the power adapter or the whole device... :)

GliMM
01-09-2011, 06:51 AM
Thanks!
I finally found the settings :P
Mezzmo is even cooler!
Best regards
Richard

tonys
01-24-2011, 10:37 PM
Hi - Just got Mezzmo installed before Christmas and is working great, pulling video over to Sony BD etc. Now I am trying to hook it up with my Squeezebox ( the original version ). Having read the messages above, I've gone through the steps and "enabled UPnP" in Slim Server - advanced - network settings. Now I can see Mezzmo in my Music library on the player. So far so good!
However I get "UPnP request failed, pls check UPnP server." Pls help as this is going to be so cool! Many thanks

Tony

Paul
01-25-2011, 08:33 AM
Hi Tony,

Do you have the correct device profile set in Mezzmo for the SB? If you do, please turn on logging (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) then get the error to happen again, stop the server and send the logs to support (at) conceiva (dot) com

tonys
01-26-2011, 09:01 PM
Hi Dennis - I sent you the logs.zip file to you yesterday as requested. I noticed a setting in Transcoding Settings that the Ffmpeg Application Path was set to N: (one of my drives on my system.) Having looked in that drive, no ffmpeg files exist. So I have changed path to C:program files\conceiva\mezzmo. The following files exist here:
ffmpeg.exe
ffmpeg-gpl-2.txt
ffmpeg-lgpl-2.txt
ffmpeg-notes.txt
Have stopped and run mezzmo and checked that everything looks to be ok but still getting the same erro on SqueezeBox. Thanks for your help, and look forward to your response.
Tony

Paul
01-27-2011, 09:03 AM
Hi Tony,

Thanks for the logs - someone should get back to you shortly.

Strange that the FFmpeg's folder was set to N: - did you ever change it to point there?

tonys
01-29-2011, 09:01 PM
Hi Dennis -
I've emailed 2 sets of logs to Adric and followed his instructions, also have un-installed and reinstalled mezzmo and set SB to ip 192:168:0:101. I'm still getting the same original error message on SB. All other devices work fine. Any other suggestions?
Tony