PDA

View Full Version : Support for SamSung LN52A850 LCD TV

sapcds
06-10-2010, 02:28 AM
Hi

I'm going to buy this Mezzmo but i'm going to a 15 day trial first to make sure it work with my LN52A850 LCD TV. This TV has very bad DLNA support. Nothing works if TV codec and media server codec doesn't match. I have tried Tversity, Medicoder etc . all of them have issues . I can play mp4 and avi files directly from usb without any problem but from media server it doesn't work.

I have heard very good things about Mezzmo. It has profile out of the box for SAMSUNG TVs .

I'm curious, if out of the box profile will work with my TV (LN52A850 LCD TV) or i have to modify the profile? Any hyelp will be appreciated

thanks and hoping this app will work
sapcds

Paul
06-10-2010, 08:35 AM
Hi,

It should work out of the box, but if it doesn't, please don't hesitate to contact me here on through support@conceiva.com and we'll modify the profile to get it going.

sapcds
06-10-2010, 09:20 AM
I have already send you an email to get the appropriate profile for my TV.. I don't see Samsung LA profile under media Profile list.

I'm testing SamSung Profile B .. picture is freezing a lot for mp4 and mkv some avi files work
Samsung Profile C no video file work error "File Format not supported"

please help

Paul
06-10-2010, 09:28 AM
Yep, I found it. I'll reply to you via e-mail soon. BTW - in the e-mail you mention that you have Mezzmo v2.1.4? If you do, can you please first update to 2.1.7.

sapcds
06-10-2010, 10:30 AM
pls do so..i have already upgraded to 2.1.7..

I have also install mezzmo onto my XP machine i can't find Mezzmo media server listed on my DLNA-enabled device. I have dual ips on that machine. I have turn off the firewall to make sure elimate that issue. Is there is any settings where i can braodcast my XP ipaddress so Samsamg dlna can find my server.

Paul
06-10-2010, 02:15 PM
We've got a patched version to fix the multiple IP addresses issue that happens with some devices. I'll send it to you via e-mail as well.

sapcds
06-11-2010, 01:17 AM
Great! I will install the patch and use the new profile you send me tonite. I believe i will be able to see the video with all the format (mp2,mp4..mkv etc)..thanks

sapcds
06-11-2010, 08:06 AM
Install the patch you send me with new profile but the screen still freezes . I have to literily restart my TV to get back. SamSungA profile doesn;t work. Also if i click on FF (faward) next movie starts to play and then that movie freezes too.

pls help

Paul
06-11-2010, 08:36 AM
The link to the manual that you've sent is actually different to what I found - mine doesn't support MPEG2-TS and MPEG4. I'll fix those up and I'll get back to you via e-mail with an update.

Does the patched version of the server come up on the machine with multiple IPs (that was one of the fixes in the last patch)?

sapcds
06-11-2010, 09:19 AM
yes, mutiple ipaddress issue is resolved ..thanks

for supported format for this TV ..take a look at page 94 which has very nice chart of the format
http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/200808/20080813183616828_%5B20080807%5DBN68-01691A-02Eng-0807.pdf

chart shows Xvid,H.264,MPEG4 etc are supported..

Paul
06-11-2010, 09:27 AM
Thanks for the link and the e-mail - I got it and I'll get back to you with an update.

sapcds
06-14-2010, 01:11 AM
Dennis

I got the new Profile and i did reply you that the new profile didn't work. I can play avi file but it freezes after few minutes or if i fww/RWW the movie. i cannot play mp4 at all .Error says "Not Suported Video codec" .. Keep in mind mp4 played with previous profile but freezes after few minutes.

Paul
06-15-2010, 09:14 AM
We'll fix it up and I'll get back to you via e-mail.

sapcds
06-16-2010, 02:37 AM
Ok, wait for the new updated profile.

sapcds
06-17-2010, 03:04 AM
Got your email ..I'm still waiting for new profile since i can't play any mp4 files..thanks

sapcds
06-22-2010, 12:22 AM
since i don't see any updates or any email from you and from your support i would assume this product doesn't work with SamSung LN52A850 LCD TV.

Time to moved onto different product

anybody have any suggestions?

Paul
06-22-2010, 09:33 AM
I was actually sick, so it's my first day back in at work. I'll get back to you via e-mail shortly.

sapcds
06-24-2010, 06:05 AM
Last device profile didn't work for MP4 file. pls send me the new updated profile

Paul
06-24-2010, 09:02 AM
Will do via e-mail shortly.

DaveHaig
07-30-2010, 09:26 PM
I am in the same boat with the same TV.

I am using v2.1.7 with same results.

I need to find a working profile.

RMerlin
07-31-2010, 02:35 AM
Did you try upgrading to 2.1.8? It has a lot of updated profiles in it.

DaveHaig
07-31-2010, 07:14 AM
Thanks RMerlin, I did that and it's actually a little worse. The SamsungB play shortly before freezing in 2.1.7, but now it's not even in a supported format. The problem with this tv is that the wrapper may be supported, but the codecs within the wrapper need to match. I believe it's the AC3 audio that is causing the problem. my .ts files are MPEG2 video with AC3 audio. If I convert them to MPEG2 video and MPEG2 audio, they run like a charm. I think I need a profile that does just that. That is, bail on the AC3 audio and transcode to MPEG2 audio.

RMerlin
07-31-2010, 01:24 PM
There's not really an actual MPEG-2 audio codec AFAIK. Most MPEG-2 videos use AC3 for the audio stream (this is the standard for DVDs).

Someone with better knowledge of the Samsung TVs than me might be able to shed more light on the ideal formats supported by these TVs.

DaveHaig
07-31-2010, 08:49 PM
RMerlin,

My raw video is a mpegts capture from the Hauppauge HDPVR with properties as follows...

http://www.davehaig.com/images/samsung3.png

When I use the Emicsoft HD Video Converter, I can convert to a file that the LN52A850 plays effortlessly.

These are the setting I use to create the video that the TV likes are...

http://www.davehaig.com/images/samsung2.png

And after it's created, the properties are as follows...

http://www.davehaig.com/images/samsung.png

So, it would appear that I need a custom profile that transcodes to an equivalent output.

Thanks,

Dave

RMerlin
08-01-2010, 01:42 AM
That audio format is actually MPEG-1 - the full name is "MPEG-1 Layer 2". This is more or less the ancestor to MP3, but is still being used in video broadcasting circles. See what happens if you encode in MP3 instead - if that works, then it shouldn't be too hard to adapt the device profile to use it for transcoding in mp3 (since I'm not sure if ffmpeg can encode in MP2 format).

DaveHaig
08-01-2010, 08:18 AM
RMerlin, I have not been able to find a way to convert to MP3 video and audio both, and I cannot find a container that will play video on the TV that also offers MP3 as an audio option. I did run the source video through an MP3 audio profile, and the resulting audio played properly. I am not sure that would be of any value to our purpose, but as far as I have been able to get. It's also my understanding that the TV likes the contain to have matching codecs for the Video and Audio, although that might be in the reporting only, when in fact that might be different. I think I have read that the TV can be tricked by report one codec and transcoding to another. The TV can handle quite a bit more formats, but is restricted by the DLNA guidelines.

Dave

RMerlin
08-01-2010, 09:19 AM
RMerlin, I have not been able to find a way to convert to MP3 video and audio both, and I cannot find a container that will play video on the TV that also offers MP3 as an audio option. I did run the source video through an MP3 audio profile, and the resulting audio played properly. I am not sure that would be of any value to our purpose, but as far as I have been able to get. It's also my understanding that the TV likes the contain to have matching codecs for the Video and Audio, although that might be in the reporting only, when in fact that might be different. I think I have read that the TV can be tricked by report one codec and transcoding to another. The TV can handle quite a bit more formats, but is restricted by the DLNA guidelines.

If MPEG-2 video with MP3 audio in an mpegts container works fine, then the Mezzmo profile could be modified to transcode using that, which would solve your problem by transparently transcoding things for you.

DaveHaig
08-01-2010, 10:17 AM
RMerlin,

That would appear to be a logical approach, and certainly something to look forward to.

Can you give me some direction, as to how such a thing would be accomplished?

I have not yet attempted to modify profiles, and are not familiar with their structure.

Thanks,

Dave

RMerlin
08-02-2010, 02:58 AM
I'll leave that to Dennis from Conceiva, he is far more adept at that kind of things that I am.

Paul
08-02-2010, 09:08 AM
Hi,

Yes, RMerlin is right - the first step is to upgrade to 2.1.8 (I see you've done that, so that's good) and it actually includes a device profile for "Samsung A". Please use the Media Devices dialog to select and use that device profile.

After that, please send a message to support (at) conceiva (dot) com and I'll send you an updated device profile (for the "A" series) that will transcode to mp3 instead of ac3 sound, if the TV likes that better. Or, if you prefer, I can post instructions here on how to modify the existing device profile to do that.

DaveHaig
08-03-2010, 09:36 PM
Hi Dennis,

I sent in my log files yesterday.

Hopefully you have them and are working on a solution.

Thanks,

Dave

Paul
08-04-2010, 08:43 AM
Hi Dave,

Yes, thank you for the logs. I'll get back to you via e-mail soon.

DaveHaig
08-09-2010, 07:11 AM
Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the modified SamsungA profile, but I have having a problem installing it.

I moved it to the correct directory, but it does not show up in the list of profiles.

What is the trick to getting the program to recognize custom profiles?

SamsungB and SumsungC are the only choice for Samsung.

All three are in the directory but only two show up.

Thanks,

Dave

Paul
08-09-2010, 09:49 AM
Hi Dave,

Did you restart Mezzmo and Mezzmo server (using the Stop/Start on the toolbar)?

fletch
11-17-2011, 02:18 AM
Is the consensus that the current Samsung A profile is best for this set? It seems that Mezzmo defaults to Samsung B for all Samsung TV's that it sees. I have a LN52A850 and UN46B8000.

Paul
11-17-2011, 08:50 AM
Yes, A850 should use the "Samsung A" device profile and B8000 one of the "B" ones. Auto-detection does not always work, since manufacturers sometimes do not make their firmware's IDs (user-agents) unique enough.