PDA

View Full Version : Time delay

themaster0071
10-23-2012, 06:56 AM
Hi i there any way I can change the audio delay as i have audio sync problems streaming to my LG tv with mezzmo, the audio always seems to be delayed on 50% of the stuff I stream, I got a quad core i7 6GB ram so I know the PC is ok. The TV does not have any function to change the audio stream

Paul
10-23-2012, 10:05 AM
The current version of Mezzmo (v2.7.1.0) does not have an audio delay feature, but we are considering it for a future version.

Are the files that have the audio delay transcoded files or streamed natively to your LG TV? We do have a few users contacting us that some of their video files are also have audio delays and it seems to be due to ffmpeg.exe when transcoding. Please post the FFmpeg information of a file that has the audio delay you mention. To do this, right-click on the file in Mezzmo and click 'Get FFmpeg Information'. Also, what device profile are you using with your TV? Go to the Media Devices dialog in Mezzmo to see this.

mezzmo@mvg.za.net
10-23-2012, 06:31 PM
We do have a few users contacting us that some of their video files are also have audio delays and it seems to be due to ffmpeg.exe when transcoding. Please post the FFmpeg information of a file that has the audio delay you mention.

Hi Paul

Do you guys report this to FFMPEG at all as a bug? I have this issue with my Sony KDL TV and am now using a new profile provided by you guys, though not ideal as the transcoding takes an absolute age...

This was also not an issue before that I recall, I know it is specific to certain file types, so may not have noticed as much before.

I have also tried a newer version of FFMPEG with the same result.

Mark

Paul
10-24-2012, 10:02 AM
Yes - and we monitor ffmpeg development to see how they are progressing.

themaster0071
04-04-2013, 10:46 PM
Guys, has this been implemented yet?

Thanks

Paul
04-05-2013, 08:39 AM
We have fixed some audio delay issues for certain devices in the past few versions. We may be able to do the same for your device. Please post the FFmpeg information for a video that has the audio sync/delay problem when playing on your device. Right-click on the video in Mezzmo and click 'Get FFmpeg Information'. Also tell us what device profile you are using for your device. Go to the Media Devices dialog in Mezzmo to see this. Then, right-click on the video again in Mezzmo and click Properties. On the Properties dialog, go to the Transcoding tab and you should see the transcoded file for your device listed there. Select it and click 'Get FFmpeg Information'. Post that information here also.

themaster0071
04-05-2013, 04:55 PM
Hi Paul,

Its not a problem as such, its just sometimes the audio is out on movies even playing them on a PC, on media player classic you have an option for audio delay + or -

Paul
04-05-2013, 05:27 PM
Understand. We don't have audio offset features as yet.