PDA

View Full Version : switch language in .mkv -files

chillkill
06-14-2010, 02:47 AM
I have .mkv Files with two languages... #1 English and #2 german.

After i start the stream to my tv, always stream#1 is running.... - i speak german, and a would the #2 audiostream in german.

in mezzmo I cant find a language selector.....

Tips ?

Paul
06-15-2010, 09:18 AM
At the moment Mezzmo does not allow you to choose a language for the file, so if no transcoding is required, Mezzmo will stream the file as-is and the device may let you choose the stream (which device do you have?) - if transcoding is required, then Mezzmo will take the first stream for video and the first stream for audio and use that.

We plan to allow you to choose the stream that gets transcoded in a future update, so you would be able to do that from Mezzmo. If you can tell me what device you have, I can try to find out whether the device will let you switch streams. If a device supports it, then there's possible a button on the remote to choose audio or when the movie starts you could bring up the options/info box on the device and see if you can modify anything there.

chillkill
06-16-2010, 12:41 AM
Hello.

my receiver is a Samsung LED TV C Series (UE46C8700).

i dont chose any language with my transmitter. - i hope, you release any language-selector in the next releases.

... I Have any question :

When i stream any HD-File (1080p) to my LED TV, after 20-30 minutes later the connection will be lost...
ever and ever again...

my PC is a pentium 4, 3.2 GHz and i stream with CAT5 Cable 1 Gigabit Networkcard . Router is Zyxel (NBG460N) and Switch is Gigabit Switch from Netgear. My HD-Files are on a USB2 Harddrive.

Is my PC too slow ? Or is this eventually any NTFS restriction ?

Now i check with any HD-File (720p) - hope, this runs ...

Paul
06-16-2010, 09:03 AM
Do you know if the file is being transcoded or if it's a native file (or has been transcoded previously)?

There is one issue that we are currently trying to improve that's related to network stability, as unfortunately some experience similar drop outs as you (on native files). It's our top priority to get the server running as smoothly and stable as possible, so you can be sure this is addressed seriously here.

bnocl
04-03-2011, 10:13 PM
Hi guys,

We are now almost one year after chillkill asked about choosing the langague in an MKV file.
Is it now avaible or nearly avaible? (cause I can't find it)

rgds

Paul
04-04-2011, 09:53 AM
Hi,

Unfortunately this is still not implemented, but it's getting very close to the top of the development queue. Most probably it'll be part of the next major Mezzmo update.

VinceA
04-21-2011, 02:04 AM
Excellent. I've got a slew of MP4's I've created from my DVD collection that have two audio tracks & a subtitle track. I'm using a PS3 at the moment as my DLNA client and it's been working great. The ability to switch tracks would be a big plus.

sovereignblood
08-15-2011, 03:40 AM
Any updates on this? It's been over a year since we started asking and as far as I can tell its the only flaw with the program.

earlofmott
08-15-2011, 06:11 AM
hi,
i have a samsung smart tv and have a few files with multiple language. i can switch to the correct language absolutely fine but was wondering if maybe you could do something so that it remembers which language you select so that you dont have to change it every time you play the file? i have a series with 20 episodes in, each only 5-10 mins long. the language i want is language 2 and its annoying that i have to change the language every 5-10 mins

sovereignblood
08-15-2011, 08:11 AM
hi,
i have a samsung smart tv and have a few files with multiple language. i can switch to the correct language absolutely fine but was wondering if maybe you could do something so that it remembers which language you select so that you dont have to change it every time you play the file? i have a series with 20 episodes in, each only 5-10 mins long. the language i want is language 2 and its annoying that i have to change the language every 5-10 mins

Does the tv support .MKV files natively or are they transcoded through mezzmo? Mine have to be transcoded and I can't switch languages unless I do it from the media server.

Paul
08-15-2011, 09:38 AM
hi,
Unfortunately Mezzmo has no way of knowing what language you chose, since this is all done on the TV side.

Any updates on this? It's been over a year since we started asking and as far as I can tell its the only flaw with the program.
Sorry for the delay in releasing this - it's being actively developed and will be definitely coming out one day.

earlofmott
08-16-2011, 12:52 AM
no, mine plays mkv natively

kmerdzhov
03-23-2015, 05:07 AM
Is this implemented already? I cannot find it.

Paul
03-23-2015, 09:10 AM
You can set the preferred language using the Properties dialog for the video. See this FAQ - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/6029-Tutorial-How-to-stream-your-preferred-audio-language-in-a-video