PDA

View Full Version : Disabling Transcoding for a device for only certain media types?

Lito
10-28-2012, 03:03 AM
In Mezzmo there is a setting to disable transcoding per device and it works as I expected (it sends the raw file over net), but this completely disables all transcoding for the device. I'd like to disable transcoding of videos for one of my devices only, but let it continue to transcode FLAC files because the device's music streaming app doesn't recognize FLAC files. Is there a way to do this currently?

jbinkley60
10-28-2012, 05:54 AM
The only way I know to do that is to list what you don't want transcoded explicitly as being supported by the device in the device profile. The Mezzmo folks can help you with updating the device profile.

Paul
10-29-2012, 09:16 AM
Hi Lito,

What device (and app) are you streaming to? We may have a device profile for it or may be able to create one to match the format capabilities of the app.

hoserama
11-02-2012, 10:39 AM
Hi Lito,

What device (and app) are you streaming to? We may have a device profile for it or may be able to create one to match the format capabilities of the app.

I am also interested in this. I am streaming to a Panasonic Vierra tv and an xbox 360. I want files going to the vierra only to be transcoded.

Lito
11-02-2012, 09:21 PM
Sorry for the late reply, I just got my power back on after the storm. I am streaming to a rooted nook color (android device), and it is using a free uPnP app called uPnPlay. The app doesn't seem to play flac files for music, so I want it to transcode the files, but for videos it calls a third party player (MXPlayer) and that handles the mkv files natively, so I'd rather it just directly stream the files as is so that subtitles etc, show up.

Paul
11-05-2012, 08:42 AM
Hi Lito,

Mezzmo has a device profile for MX Video Player and it streams your MKV files natively to your MX Video Player app. Go to the Media Devices dialog in Mezzmo to change the device profile for a device. Let us know how you go.