PDA

View Full Version : Not able to forward or rewind on Hopper

dannyb
10-29-2012, 09:36 AM
I am running Mezzmo Version 2.7.1.0 with the Dish/Hopper Joey device profile.

I am unable to forward or rewind movies on the Hopper. Is there a setting that I need to change so i can enable that functionality?

Paul
10-29-2012, 09:47 AM
If the file that you are streaming to your Hopper is being transcoded on-the-fly by Mezzmo server, then you will not be able to FF/REW since the file is being converted to another format on-the-fly and the part that you are trying to FF to may not have been created yet. To check this, in Mezzmo, go to the Transcoding pane and you will see if any files are transcoding on-the-fly when you are playing them.

To get around this problem, you can pre-transcode your files before playing them on your Hopper. To pre-transcode a file, right-click on the file in Mezzmo and click 'Pre-transcode Files'. Or, to pre-transcode a folder/playlist of files, right-click on the playlist/folder and click 'Pre-transcode Playlist'. Once the file has been pre-transcoded, try streaming it again and see if that is better.

dannyb
02-18-2013, 09:30 AM
I Pre-transcoded all of the files since the Hopper Default does not work I use MPEG trans-coding. Even after pre-transcoding when I select forward or rewind, the movie jumps to the next file in the playlist.

Please advice.

Paul
02-18-2013, 11:05 AM
Hi dannyb,

Are you running the latest version of Mezzmo (v3.0.1.0)? If not, then I suggest you upgrade to this version and try again.

If still no better, turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Stream one of your videos to your DirecTV device and try FF/REW. When it skips to the next movie, then stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and email them to us.