PDA

View Full Version : Netgear MP101 Music Player

JamboUK
06-15-2010, 11:23 PM
Has anyone got any settings to make a Netgear MP101 music player work? The music play see the and connects to the Mezzmo server but no music files are shown.

Anyone also help on creating the same folder structure as Twonky / iTunes so that music is easily selected on the MP101?

Thanks.

Paul
06-16-2010, 09:00 AM
I'd be glad to make a device profile for the Netgear - can you please generate a diagnostic log for me (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php?t=419) of when you try to browse Mezzmo using the device and send it in to support (at) conceiva (dot) com and I'll start working on the device profile that will get it going.

Regarding folder structure - please let me know what you have in mind and I'll try to help you out as well.

Le_blur
03-11-2011, 12:53 AM
Did this ever get resolved as I have exactly the same issue with my Netgear MP101 i.e. it connects to the Mezzmo server but it is unable to browse (see) any music files or folders?

Le_blur
03-11-2011, 01:39 AM
The device settings for the MP101 on the Mezzmo server are:
Connection:
Ethernet Cable (100Mbps)
Network adaptor:
Automatic
Device profile:
Netgear MP101
Transcode incompatible media files...........:
selected
Allow the device to connect to Mezzmo media server:
selected

When I start up the Netgear MP101 it detects and connects to the Mezzmo server. However, when I select the Browse option on the MP101 it hangs for a minute or so and then decides it cannot see a server.

Le_blur
03-11-2011, 01:44 AM
My Sony Bravia TV can see and access photos, music and video files without problem from the Mezzmo media server.
The Sony TV and the Netgear MP101 can both successfully access music files from a Linksys NSLU2 running a TwonkyMedia media server which proves network connectivity is ok.

JamboUK
03-11-2011, 04:37 AM
Hi

No it still isn't resolved for me. The last I heard was an email from support telling me they were buying a unit and trying to resolve it on that unit.

That was 3 - 4 weeks ago. Hope that helps.

Paul
03-11-2011, 09:37 AM
Just to update you all: We have purchased a Netgear MP101 and it arrived recently. We are now working on the device profile for it and fixing any issues that it exposes in Mezzmo's media server. Once done, we will notify you all and supply an updated device profile. Thanks for your patience.