PDA

View Full Version : Can't see files on Mezzmo or devices from Mezzmo

jvoelcker
11-03-2012, 07:29 AM
We have had some server problems and ended up re-installing Mezzmo on our SBS2011.

I can connect to Mezzmo from my TV and mobile, but cannot see any files being listed, despite a large number being listed in Mezzmo.

On the Mezzmo side of things none of the devices are showing up.

I have tried a number of options including running with the firewall on the disabled, but without making any difference.

I have a DNLA app on my mobile and that works fine detecting devices and sending media to the television, which leads me to think that it is predominantly a Mezzmo issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Paul
11-05-2012, 08:25 AM
It sounds like Mezzmo server and your DLNA devices are being blocked from communicating with each other. This is typically due to a firewall, system protection software or your router's settings. We have an FAQ (http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/1183-FAQ-Cannot-see-Mezzmo-on-your-DLNA-device) that lists the possible causes for this problem. Please check each possible cause in the FAQ and, if you still have problems, let us know and we'll help further.

jvoelcker
11-07-2012, 05:01 AM
I had already been through the FAQ and none helped.

The fact that another DNLA app on my mobile was working fine showed that the underlying network architecture was working fine.

In the end I completely removed Mezzmo, deleted all files left over as well as all registry entries and then re-installed and that seems to have cured it - previously uninstall/re-installs hadn't helped.

Paul
11-07-2012, 09:52 AM
Interesting - it suggests that there were some registry entries in SBS2011 that were affecting DLNA communication (i.e. blocking communication). We'll check this out.

Glad you are up and running now. Thanks for posting your solution for others.