PDA

View Full Version : Metadata Delivery to Clients

hsbrown2
11-06-2012, 03:22 AM
I have a WD TV Live Gen. 3, which appears to have pretty robust support for metadata. I am seeing all the metadata in Mezzmo's browser (I am generating metadata both with My Movies to create .NFO's, then ThumbGen to create movie sheets based on the NFO's generated by My Movies) so I know Mezzmo is accurately indexing it, but no metadata appears in the browser on the client.

I know how crazy difficult it is to support the plethora of devices out there, but it would be great if the latest WD TV Live was sent the metadata at the least, even better if movie sheets could be supported. Since there is no current device profile for the latest generation WD TV Live devices, I'd be happy to test!

hsbrown2
11-06-2012, 06:32 AM
Or, conversely, perhaps I am selecting the wrong device profile? I'm not sure which maps to which except the one marked Gen 1...

Paul
11-06-2012, 08:03 AM
Mezzmo does send your metadata to devices using the DLNA standard methods, but it seems WD TV Live media players do not display this metadata when streaming via DLNA (but do when browsing via network/SMB). If there is a way (or another DLNA server) that does get the WD TV Live media players to display this metadata, then we'd happily support this in Mezzmo as well.